General Area in Calabasas>Question Details

Steve155, Home Buyer in Calabasas, CA

Looking to potentially move to Calabasas and work in pasadena - any ideas on the commute time? Any help would be appreciated!?

Asked by Steve155, Calabasas, CA Sun Mar 13, 2011

Answers

8
Hi Steve I'm on the same boat! I'll be moving to the Calabasas area (once we find a place) and commuting to Pasadena. Maybe ride share is an option!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
Karla, you too- let me know if you need secret back routes or best times to beat traffic traveling from Calabasas to Pasadena. there are several options for ways to get to Pasadena from Calabasas, so you want to make sure you
dont take the longest routes with the most traffic.

BTW-i am not a real estate agent or realtor, i am actually a Loan Officer with RPM Mortgage, who works with many of the realtors in Calabasas, as I work with many of the Calabasas Real Estate agents, and I specialize in jumbo purchases after doing so many. if you have an agent sending you listings, that is GREAT! 1 step done!

If you havent done a pre approval with a lender yet, Id strongly encourage you to do soASAP. I would be happy to assist you, if you want my advice, rate quotes, loan options, qualifyied maximum purchase price,&of course the down payment options and any thing else you need to know about Calabasas& homebuying in general :)
Congrats on ur move!

shaida.tafreshi@rpm-mtg.com
818-917-0929
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013

Congrats on ur move!

shaida.tafreshi@rpm-mtg.com
818-917-0929
Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
this is so crazy but i did that exact commute. i grew up in Calabasas and i was driving to pasadena to my office for a year or so. it is about 35-40 miles commute. let me know if i can give you any back routes to beat traffic or assist you with your mortgage options.

Shaida Tafreshi

shaida.tafreshi@rpm-mtg.com

818-917-0929 (cell)
don't do it crazy commute!!! Move to La Canada, better location and schools are amazing 10 out of 10!!!
Hi Steve, are you looking at the Calabasas area because of schools? That's why we moved to Calabasas ourselves. If you'd like a nice tour of the area, info on schools and/or to look at properties for rent or for sale, we'll be happy to help you! And you might consider a Prius too! :)
Best, Missy and Jason Improta
Ewing & Associates Sothebys International Realty
23647 Calabasas Road
310-597-1914
missy@improta.com
http://www.improta.com
The commute time will be between 45 min and 1½ hours. The 101 has a lot of traffic from about 7am until 10 am. and from about 4:30pm until about 6:30pm in the evening. If you are not commuting during those high traffic times you can expect about 30-45min commute. My office is in Calabasas and if you have any other question feel free to call or email me.

Zack King
DRE #01882407
Keller Williams Estates Calabasas
(818) 825-7388
Zking1@live.com
http://www.PetPlanetRealty.com
Web Reference: http://petplanetrealty.com/
20-25 min no traffc, 45-1hr15m with traffic.
Calabasas is our home field if you need help not just locatng a great property but negotiating and executiving a good deal.
Ouch. It is not going to be pretty, but you already knew that. I used ot have a friend that lived in Aguroa who commuted to Glendale for work. It was about an hour, give or take depending on how the 101 was behaving that day.

Why don't you move to Pasadena? We have great neighborhoods, shopping, cultural activities, restaurants, and are in close proximity to all downtown LA and Hollywood have to offer too.
Depending on what part of Calabasas you live and where exactly in Pasadena you will be working, I would give it a good 60 to 75 minutes. You will need to drive a couple different routes depending on the time of day you go to work and back, but my suggestion is to definitely try the 118 to 210 route, vs. the 101 to 134 route due to heavy congestion.

There are a lot of other nice areas much close to Pasadena that have nice homes for a really good price. I was showing some homes in Alhambra and burbank today.

Please let me know if you need a good realtor to find you the right home at the right price.