General Area in Waldorf>Question Details

buyinginmd, Home Buyer in Stafford, VA

Looking to buy a home in Maryland with at most 45min commute into NoVA. Have young children. Spending less than $400k. Areas to avoid? Consider?

Asked by buyinginmd, Stafford, VA Fri Nov 30, 2012

Looking for a reasonably safe area with access to recreational activities for kids - like gymnastics, swim, art classes, martial arts.

Answers

11
Dear "BuyinginMD" ... in order to advise you on areas to avoid, can you let us know what kind of reasons would make YOU want to avoid a certain area?

Is it simply the 45 minute commute time?
Is it school district?
Is it crime rate?

I'd be happy to send you a preliminary list of properties if you'd like..
you can also search using our website below.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Welcome to Maryland. I am not an agent but a loan officer that has seen many agents in the last 9 years. Some of the agents that answered you today I have worked with in the past and are excellent. If you let us know where in Maryland you are considering I would be happy to provide you a list of local experienced agents and then you can see which ones would be the best fit for you.
If you need to be pre-approved prior to looking at homes please let me know and I can help you with that. Hope this was helpful please let me know if you have any questions.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Hi buyinginMaryland,

You home price is going to contol your home choice more so than the commute. Not knowing your childrens ages I suggest you research the elementary and middle schools and select your schoold choice and they build a home search around your school choice. The right school will have the the
recreational activity's you are looking for.

Take care of your family first and the work commute second or third. You will likely be looking in Germantown, parts of Githersburg, AND JUST MAYBE CLARKSBURG.

Piero does have a point that Silver Spring is an option as well.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Where in NoVA is your work? You might consider Kensington & Silver Spring as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Work is Fort Belvoir area.
Flag Fri Nov 30, 2012
Hi BuyinginMD

There are a lot great areas to consider to consider. Look at Bowie too.
Dear Buyinginmd,

The spring housing market for 2013 will start early or mid March. As the Spring housing market develops into summer housing inventoery will be limited and competetive among home buyers wanting the same house. Mutiple "Offers" on the same house will be the norm.

Start your house search after the 1st of January and beat the home buying crowds....you will be glad you did.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Call Me! I have the perfect home for you and your family. Great Location, Great Schools (Brand New), Great neighbors in a Great Neighborhood. All this for under 350000.00
Ask for Diana @ 301-752-2690. I look forward to hearing from you.
I agree with Tony, Waldorf is a very popular town for commuters to Metro destinations. There is very easy access to the DC Beltway, but as with any suburb, depending on your commute time, there is traffic to contend with. A 45 minute communte on average could be expected.

My family and I moved here in 1968, and I am very familiar with all the County has to offer. There are a host of community activites throught Charles County, including several community theaters, sports complexes, dance studios, etc. Southern Maryland is rich with history and culture. Venues such as the Mattawoman Arts Center, Southern Maryland Youth Orchestra and Port Tobacco Playhouse offer year round activities to stimulate young minds.

My website contains lots of information regarding area attractions. I am certain you will find all of the information you are seeking at http://www.waldorfhomesolutions.com/Maryland/Charles-County-…
Yes the Waldorf area has everything you are looking for and you are in a great price range that affords you many great housing choices. Fell free to contact me directly with your home search questions and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss your plans in more detail.

http://tmcmahon.exitlandmark.com/
Waldorf would be a good area for you to consider. There are lots of family friendly neighborhoods and tons of activities such as the Capitol Clubhouse (ice skating, soccer, gym). There is a new swim school that just opened up right off of Crain Highway in one of the smaller strip malls. There are several martial arts studios available. There is a baseball stadium for the southern Maryland Blue Crabs that I personally frequent a lot May through October....that is a lot of fun! Please give me a call and I can tell you more about the area and find out what you are looking for in a new home.

Melinda Prehoda 240-377-6988
Waldorf/ Saint Charles Maryland is about a 45 to an hour commute to NOVA. You can definitely find something under $400K, even brand new. There are tons of kid-friendly activities here as well. If you're not already working with someone, shoot us an email (info@dnsrealtygroup.com) and we can help you. Otherwise, this would be a great place to see with your agent!