Loryn, Home Buyer in West Chester, PA

Looking into South Jersey relocation

Asked by Loryn, West Chester, PA Sat Jul 12, 2008

We are considering a move to south Jersey from Chester County -- thinking Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, maybe Moorestown. I'm just not sure how to find out about different areas. For instance, I know nothing about Vorhees or Mt. Laurel and I see a lot of homes listed for sale there.

Is the best way to get a feel for the area to go on a tour with an agent who specializes in the area? I know that professionals are limited in what they can say about demographics, etc. Plus, I don't want to waste a Realtor's time because we may not go to that area after all and we also may decide to rent a home first to see how it goes.

Does anyone have any suggestions about places to drive around ourselves that may give us a sense of the "flavor" of different areas such as those mentioned above? We are looking for a neighborhood with great schools and lots of families, especially with young children, and easy access to retail and restaurants.

Thanks for your help!

Answers

2
1-800-541-RELO (7356) , EXT. 51

Relocating is tough - from personal experience though - it can be a lot of fun! When I relocated to North Carolina - I had a few friends down there so that made it a little easier. I rented for 12 months (6 months would be fine) - this gave me some time to really soak it all in.

With a Realtor in the backyard in those areas - you might benefit from them as a resource. A little "self-promo" here - but Coldwell Banker National Relocation Services is a wonderful way to hook up with a few Realtors in different areas of the country.

Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
I have extended family in Cherry Hill, NJ, close to Phillie. I love being there and so do they.

If you would like the name of a fantastic Realtor in that area, I would be happy to provide that information; contact me off line at Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com