General Area in 07030>Question Details

Dmgnyc, Home Buyer in 07310

Looking in Summit, Short Hills, Chatham, Madison, and New Providence up to $950k - any towns we are missing w/direct trains and great schools? Thank u

Asked by Dmgnyc, 07310 Tue Jan 24, 2012

Answers

14
Train to NYC? Did you look in Somerset County? Regards,
Other towns I suggest are Denville, Montville, Mountain Lakes and Boonton Township. A great sight to view towns is below.
Good luck and stop by our offices in the heart of Madison. Coccia Realty, Inc., 49 Main Street, Madison. 973-377-4400. Or in Montville at 670 Main Road.
Web Reference: http://www.city-data.com
DMGNYC,

If truly interested in those areas, I would be more than happy to help you. Please email me any further questions to cvasq3@gmail.com in order to setup a meet and greet.
Jeanne Feenick back - meant to include this helpful tool to use to evaluate communities. The MARKET INSIDER report, accessible at the zip code level, provides great market/inventory info, as well as demographic and school data.

Here's a link to the report fo Basking Ridge, zip code 07920. If you'd like to see Warren, the zip is 07059.
http://www.searchhomesinbaskingridge.com/mimarket/zip/07920/

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Hi there, picking up on Valentina's response - Warren and Watchung (just to Warren's east) are great towns, but lack train lines. I've lived in Warren for nearly 20 years and much of that time was spent commuting to the city - my husband still does it. Right across the highway is Basking Ridge - very desirable with well respected schools and train and bus service to the city, though not direct.

If you find yourself frustrated with what you are finding in your price point and will consider moving just a bit further west, these are communities I know well. Many of our buyers start as you are closer to the city and ultimately end up in our area finding a good compromise between commute and property/home value. That 's how my husband and I ended up here.

Here if I can be of service...

Jeanne Feenick
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Greetings,

Depending on your travel time preference, other towns to consider with direct trains to New York will include Glenridge, Montclair, and Morristown.

Best of luck in your search
Hi Dmgnyc!
Isn't Trulia great! You've gotten prompt, terrific answers! The towns you mentioned and the towns that have been suggested are all wonderful places to live, raise a family, and have easy train access to into the City. One question you need to answer is how far you'd like to travel into the City. Since all of the towns meet your criteria, that may be a deciding factor. These towns all have new construction and beautiful older homes in your price range. If you'd like to discuss them in more detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I've covered the Essex, Morris and Union County areas for about 8 years now. I've also lived in both Essex and Morris County (where I currently reside).
Gaye Collins
973/479-9293
west windsor (princeton Junction) and Princeton if you allow for the Dinky (2 car commuter going from Princeton University to Junction)
Dont forget Warren Township , Gillette and that area. All great towns
Great answers below, Long Hill actually has 3 train stations and the first morning train is super fast to Penn Station. You can go either to midtown or Hoboken from there. Just South of Long Hill are the towns of Warren and Watchung which share the same High School and have great K-8 schools, too!

Hoboken and Jersey City are super for commuting with Trains, Ferrys and the PATH. Both towns have terriffic Abbot (Pre-school) programs and good private and public schools. You can visit my website for reviews on Hoboken area schools, http://www.hobocondos.com

Best of Luck!

David Paris, Realtor
Century21 Innovative Realty
Hoboken, New Jersey
Web Reference: http://www.hobocondos.com/
you just about covered it. those towns are the most desirable for commute schools and quality of life. if you arent working with an agent, i'd love to work with you.
Hi Dmgnyc, you should also look into Berkeley Heights, Westfield, Mountainside, and Springfield.

There isn't a lot of inventory right now, and there is a demand of buyer's looking for a move in condition home in your price range, so be aware do your homework and be ready to pounce when the right house comes along because there may be multiple bidders.

If you have a home to sell in Hoboken you may want to put it on the market now so that you have a firm contract before you can make an offer on a house, since most in that area don't accept contingent offers.

For schools you may want to subscribe to NJ Monthly magazine which publishes the top 100 schools of NJ and best places to live.

Best of luck!
I knew two great realtors in that area if you need a referral..
Westfield, Bernards Township (Basking Ridge)
Long Hill Township in Morris County.