General Area in Tampa>Question Details

Robin, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

Looking for family friendly area in Tampa/St Pete with local shops & restaurants, parks, relatively close beach access & decent schools.

Asked by Robin, Atlanta, GA Fri Feb 17, 2012

We don't like subdivisions and tend to like older communities with trees, etc.

We liked Dunedin but have heard its an older demographic & not so good for families.

Also liked South Tampa but fear we can't get what we need (around 3,000 sq feet) for our budget (under $600,000).

Answers

9
Hi Robin,

All the answers thus far are about the agent rather than about you and your needs. First of all there are many homes in the Tampa Bay Area that you can purchase for under $600,000. Second depending how much of a drive time you want to consider to the beaches is key. All the areas mentioned so far are a good 30 to 45 minutes away to the Gull Beaches. So the best thing to do is select an agent that can talk with you and listen to your specific needs and then provide you with a list of properties that actually meet your needs. I would be very happy to be that agent. I work in the three counties here in the immediate Tampa Bay Areal

Tom Scaglione, ePRO, SFR, REALTOR
Future Home Realty, Inc.
C.813-310-8200
E.Tom@RealEstateTom.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 17, 2012
Hi Robin,

Seminole (Southwest St. Petersburg) has great schools and you can find a nice home without the cookie cutter feel of planned communities.

Alma Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Hi Robin. It is definitely in your best interest to find a Realtor you feel comfortable with and work with them to help determine the right area/type homes that may be available to you. This is a huge decision and a good local Realtor can be the resource you need to help you and your family find the best fit.

I wish you all the best in your search and please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you need any additional information...no strings attached. I'm happy to help.

Charlene Weston
Realtor/Team Leader
Weston Group
There are quite a few areas that meet your criteria. It's always best to work with a Realtor who knows the areas, but if you're looking on your own, you can get accurate listings at the link below.
Web Reference: http://tampahouse1.com
Hi Robin,

I specialize in the Westchase area.

You might want to consider Waterchase. It has higher fees than Westchase (because of the higher HOA & CDD Tax) but if you take advantage of the amenities it may be a better value. Also if the High School is important, Waterchase is assigned to Sickels High versus Alonso for Westchase. Sickles scores higher than Alonso.

If you want to minimize fees, then I would recommend Westchase. In your price range, Harbor Links or The Greens would be the best choice.

If you would like more space (acre) and actually the ability to ride horses in your neighborhood, Twin Branch Acres would be a good option.

Here are 12 you may want to consider:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1579404…

You're welcome to "browse like a Realtor" by signing up for a free Listingbook on my website: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee
Westchase Office
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Westchase is a planned development community, as are many in the area and while conveniently located, is deed restricted, has a mandatory HOA, and is also part od a community development district. These are not necessarily bad. Westchase is an excellent community. If you are looking for non deed restricted, this definitely is not the place. Again ... a well informed, experienced agent is your best bet !
Robin, I specialize in the south Tampa area and would love to send you some listings in your price range. Schools are the best in the area, so convenient to everything and the property values have really held up in this declining market (which is good for resale). I have lived here for almost 20 years and my kids go to the local public school.
Call me anytime...813-240-0028 or jennyminor@gmail.com
Jenny Minor
Homeward Real Estate
To really define an area you need to sit down wtih an agent who can note your likes, needs/wants desires, and dislikes. At the same time it would be possible to set you up with a search engine resource, there are 3 that I use, that would provide info directly from the MLS (multiple listing service) which is your most accurate source of updated information. I will caution you on South Tampa and St Pete in that several areas within these communities are high risk flood zones and would require flood insurance if financing. Even wtih a cash purchase, I would still recommend flood insurance on any investment. Also consider that some areas fall into historic districts that have special considerations with regards to the repair and maintenance of the home. As a buyer, buyers representation doesn't cost you and could be well worth your while. Not that I can not make recommendations, it is a little challenging without knowing more and I am sure several who reply to this will tell you the same.
I have a few suggestions for areas. I would first look at West Chase area. I'm sure you can find a home
at 3000 sqft more or less under $600k. Also some parts of Lutz, just a little north of Tampa and Odessa
that is just a little further west and north of West Chase. Any of these area would work well. Any other
questions you can email me directly at atdds2000@gmail.com.