General Area in New York>Question Details

Sipe3202, Real Estate Pro in ,

Looking for an Estate Lawyer, preferably in Queens -- Any recommendations?

Asked by Sipe3202, , Fri Apr 20, 2012

I've spoken to few, but would like to speak to a few more before making a decision. If you'd like, you can email me at: sipe3202 [at] Thks

dab9131’s answer
I have been living in a home for 8 years never owed a months rent. I found out last year that the house was in foreclosure for 2 years. When confronted she stated that its not true so I continued to still pay her. In September a man showed up and stated that he is the new owner when I tried to contact the landlord no response. I have not seen or heard from the landlord until this week I receive a judgment for eviction. Please advise me what to do .

D.. Brown
Queen New York
I can recommend an attorney that I work with on a regular basis. Its a father son team located in Mineola, about 15 minutes from Queens. I have an accounting practice that was located in the same building. They are good hearted attorneys that do the right thing for their clients.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2014
It is smart of you to want to explore a number of options. Choosing a lawyer should be a decisions that is made after careful consideration of quality options. You are probably going to need them for something that is important to you. It is definitely not a decision to be rushed.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2014
I've had a few estate problems in my time. My great grandfather left all of his great grandkids $10,000 each. Turns out my dad went and wasted it all gambling on the stock market. I needed a lawyer in order to get what was mine. I really wish my Dad hadn't done it in the first place, though.
After the death of my mother a friend referred me to Jason W. Stern who is a NY estate lawyer in Queens. The attorneys there were very nice and professional and cleared up all of my issues fairly quickly. I would strongly recommend this firm again.
Thanks all

@Gail -- Thanks for your recommendation. The specification for Queens has everything to do with locale. Since transaction will involve several members of the family and since we are based in Queens, it just would be easier to get things done logistically. Obviously, this is subject to change pending a few criteria.
Call Desiree Fusco of Bindi Iovino & Fusco.

They are located at 1055 Franklin Avenue, Ste 206 in Garden City...not that far from Queens and from a legal standpoint, NY law rules...not Queens.
Hi Sipe, I have had many dealings with Joseph Angelo-located at 25-77 Francis Lewis Blvd Flushing NY 11358- 718-746-0500 or email him- if you need addl info Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or email me
Sipe, my husband would be a great one to speak to, and he is very well versed in all your needs. You can google him if you want.
Hi Sipe3202

It is funny that you should post this. I just got a great referral for a queens estate attorney. She is listed below.

Elizabeth Gill - 516-840-6000

Give her a call and let me know what you think.

609 Kappock Street
Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 432-5000 (Office)
(718) 432-2091 (Fax)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
Thanks for the recommendation! That's one huge benefit of the internet--personal reviews. At one point do you think I should hire an estate attorney? I don't think there are any problems with the house, but I want to have an attorney there to close the deal. |
Flag Sat Dec 13, 2014
@Robin - The estate isn't very large but it consists of more than 1 property. This would be estate planning for the future.Thankfully, no one has passed away but I'm looking to get all the paperwork in place on top of being educated on the intricacies with gift/inheritance taxes and trusts.

Thanks again.
Please call Anthony Marciano 1-718-784-2727. He is an estate attorney located in Queens and does a lot of Queens deals. I have done quite a few real estate deals with him and he is the consumate professional, and very kind to people who are having difficulties. He has been in business for over 25 years and has seen everything. I am sure that he would be happy to help.

Please tell him Kelly sent you.

Kelly Killian
Vice President
Bond New York
Note: He is in Astoria.
Flag Wed Apr 25, 2012
I am not sure who you talked to already, and what you have heard from them. Do you have a large estate? Is this for estate planning for the future, or to settle an estate for someone who has passed away?
My husband is highly rated by Avvo, which you may have used already. His office is in Roslyn, right off the LIE, about 5 or 6 miles from the Queens/Nassau border. His name is Stephen J - same last name as mine.
Feel free to contact me directly, would be happy to give you recommendations.