General Area in 07006>Question Details

Househunt10, Home Buyer in Brimson, MN

Looking for affordable, family town in NJ...

Asked by Househunt10, Brimson, MN Sat Jul 31, 2010

My husband, baby and I are looking for a town to buy with the following:
about 30 mins or less from the Caldwell area
good family/community atmosphere
affordable/lower taxes

Thank you for your suggestions!

Answers

6
Details, details, details.....

Asked by Househunt10, Brimson, MN • Sat Jul 31, 2010

Question asked two years ago.
Hi House Hunt -

Well, your profile reads Minnesota.. yes?

Big difference and meaning to the word "affordable" in New Jersey then in Minnesota.
So you would have to define a price range for us here to get you a better view on what is happening.

If you do not want to post the number, then email me and I can see what is availabel for you within 30 minutes of Caldwell in your price range!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty

Jsacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 31, 2010
Hello Ms. Brimson, MN :)

I had managed a site of employees in Minnesota from 2003 - 2008 :) I could understand why you would want to leave the snow and the mosquitos!

I hope you have found a realtor here in NJ to work with since your last post in 2010.

If not, I've been a resident of North Caldwell for 9 years and our companies were located in Fairfield, NJ.. a neighbooring town.... + I am extensivley involved in the community, educational infrastructure and other social activities which can truly help formulate a fair sense of direction to help guide you in your search.

Please visit - http://www.prudentialnewjersey.com/judith.dias

I wish you the best of luck :)

Kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
973-444-5643
Househunt10,

Big move from Minnesota to New Jersey. Caldwell was voted the #1 Best Place to Live in Essex County, New Jersey according to New Jersey Monthly's Best Places to Live (Feb. 2010 Edition) and the #3 Best Place to Live in New Jersey out of 566 towns throughout 21 New Jersey Counties!

Knowing how much you want to spend, what time of home you are looking for (# of beds/baths) could help me to narrow town what town's may be more affordable. An important thing you should know about taxes, before deciding on an Essex County town is that some Essex County's towns have been recently revaluated, are in the process of being revaluated and/or are scheduled to be revaluated. So coming up re-vals will impact the taxes in some towns. Also, some active listings do not yet have the most current tax information listed if the reval took place in 2010. Here's a list of revaluation years for your reference:

2011 Maplewood;
2011 West Caldwell;
2011 West Orange;

2010 Township of Bloomfield;
2010 Essex Fells;
2010 Roseland;
2010 Verona;

2009 Township of Fairfield
2009 Township of Livingston
2008 Boro of North Caldwell
2008 Township of South Orange Village
2007 Township of Montclair
2005 Township of Nutley
2005 City of Orange
1983 Township of Millburn

2009 Township of Fairfield
2009 Township of Livingston
2008 Boro of North Caldwell
2008 Township of South Orange Village
2007 Township of Montclair
2005 Township of Nutley
2005 City of Orange

Within 30 minutes of Caldwell can also be towns in Morris and/or Passaic Counties as well. If you think you are interested in those counties, please feel free to email me and I can send you the revals for those counties as well.

Moving forward, I was born and raised in Essex County and now living and working in the Communities of West Essex, I would be happy to assist you in your move to New Jersey. I would be happy to share my knowledge of both community and school information with you. No obligations, just information.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like some town and community information. I am in the process of building a new website with valuable information about the Towns of Essex County. That's not quite completed yet but feel free to check out the first page of my real estate website which provides some information regarding the Communities of West Essex (http://GinaChiricoRealEstate.com).

Best of luck to you,

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
973-715-1158 cell
973-575-6353 ext 17 office
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com
Keeping in mind that I am not aware of your price range, what lower taxes means, type of home you are interested in, etc. I might recommend the following areas that are continuing to stay stable and show demand due to their popularity and numerous price points :

Parsippany
Pine Brook/Montville
Denville - Has great parks and a really nice downtown area
Rockaway

All of these price ranges are based on a typical 3 bedroom 1.5 bath home. I have been a Realtor in Essex County(Caldwell Area) for 10 years, with Coldwell Banker. You can email me directly at davidshouses@hotmail.com.
Caldwell 500,000 taxes 11,000
West Caldwell 450,000 taxes10,000
Verona 450,000 taxes 10,000
Cedar Grove 450,000 taxes 9,000
Bloomfield 375,000 taxes 8,000
Belleville 250,000 taxes 7,000
David Aufiero