General Area in Ventura>Question Details

Robyn, Home Seller in Ventura, CA

Looking for a real estate agent who is aggressive about marketing listings and who maintains communication

Asked by Robyn, Ventura, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

with seller!!

Answers

16
Dear Robyn,

They key to a successful sale in this market is to have an agent that provides knowledge, integrity, is honest/ethical, has successful track record and provides a strategic market plan for today's market. The market has changed as we are all aware but many agents haven't adapted to the changes or able to afford to invest thousands of dollars a month to support their listings. I've interviewed against many agents recently who have promised to provide "Aggressive Marketing" but I know my competition and what they’re providing their clients in the marketing category and many of them have scaled back and are promising things they are unable to deliver. It's a tough market for all of us but the old rule of thumb is 20% of agents do 80% of the business and those 20% of agents achieve results in any market… Good or Bad!

I am the #1 Marketing, Listing and Selling Agent for Ventura County's largest real estate brokerage, Troop Real Estate out of 700+agents company-wide. My slogan that I've been using from day one is "Strategic & Aggressive Marketing... It Works!! I've got a 5 page marketing plan and I put in writing that I will provide my clients everything on my 5 page marketing plan or they can cancel without an explanation. I haven't had one seller cancel their listing and guarantee to provide the absolute best service the real estate industry has to offer. My phone and blackberry is on 24/7 for my clients and communication is the key to a successful relationship between agents and clients.

I would be honored to assit you if you and you can view more information and testimonials on my websites below. I can also provide you phone numbers of past and present sellers I'm working with so you can see what they have to say about my business philosophy and work ethic. Thank you for your time and best of luck in your search.

Kind regards,

Nate Minkel
#1 Agent Company-wide
Troop Real Estate & Troop Home Auctions
805.794.9588 Direct
http://www.HomesByNate.com
http://www.805LuxuryHomes.com
http://www.TroopHomeAuctions.com
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByNate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hi Robyn,
Communication is the key component in any relationship, but especially with an anxious seller. We have a history of maintaining great communication with all of the people who make the transaction work. The seller is primary, but we also remember to communicate with the other agents, lenders, escrow officers, etc.
We maintain current statistics about each area in Ventura County and its market trends so we are always speaking about facts, not what we "believe" to be proper pricing.
When we sit down with you, we will come to an agreement about how much, specifically, communication will be included. Every day. Once a week. etc. It becomes part of our contract and if we don't hold up our end of the bargain, you have every right to terminate our business and listing agreement! Please feel free to give me a call - I'd love to hear from you. 805-217-7611. Hope to hear from you!
So Robyn, In about 48 hours you received almost a dozen comments. I'm curious. The comments run the spectrum of suggestions, opinion and self promotion. What do you think was helpful? Has anything here helped you make your decision?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hello Robyn,

I am extremely aggressive when it comes to marketing as long as I have a realistic seller. If the seller understands market conditions, has an unbiased view of their property condition, is willing to take some advice on staging and/or cosmetics, and doesn't put unreasonable constraints on showings, I pull out all the stops. Website for the home, massive internet exposure,virtual tour, broker caravans, open houses during the week and on weekends, broadcast announcements to the 150+ Re/Max agents and print ads in Ventura & Santa Barbara. Having a good name in the real estate community helps, too.

In other words, I need the seller to be as aggressive as I am - a "let's go" attitude. This way, we are a team with the same goal. As far as communication goes, I am always available by cellular and email. Unless a seller says otherwise, I call four to five times per week, as I have feedback from buyer's agents to report as well as any changes in the market that can affect the sale of the home.

Heidi Golff
Re/Max Gold Coast Realtors
(805) 701-1798
Web Reference: http://www.heidigolff.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hi Robyn, Trulia participants like myself and others tend to be pretty tech savvy so, you have probably come to the right place to look for an agent. Most of us do carry phones that are web and email enabled. Having someone who communicates with you regularly by phone and email can be very helpful so that you can be kept up to date on the marketing activities. Actually, I'm a great agent and there are a lot of great agents out there, there are also duds. I could spend a lot of time telling you here what I think a good agent should have in their bag or marketing tools but lots of us feel differently about what is important. So, I am going to recommend that you consider the agents you are contacted by here on Trulia. You should also look around on Realtor.com and see what agents in Ventura County have the type of presentation for a home on the internet that you would expect. Do they have listings that are enhanced with pictures or virtual tours. Ask around in your social network. Someone you know who is like minded probably has used a Realtor that they thought was really on task. Then, send an email or place a call to the agents you are considering, how quickly do they return your call. A reasonable time frame I think is 2-3 hours. A top producing and busy agent may be with a client when you call, so just giving a few minutes response time may preclude you from meeting a great agent. Then, pick a few, I'd say not more than three to interview. The interview is important because you can see what all the agents think are top marketing products and each will have a different suggestion about selling your home. Look for someone who is pretty up front with you about the comments they make both about the home and pricing. If you pick the agent who tells you the highest price they can get you for the home, they may not only be agressive about marketing your home, they may be aggressive about getting your listing. Sellers like to hear the highest suggestion about what the Realtor thinks the home will sell for. A lot of agents will take you overprice listing and work on you for a price reduction but you will loose important marketing momentum if you go that route. After you complete this process of interviewing, you will have a feel for who you think you will be the best fit for you. If someome seems like a good fit overall but is lacking in an area that you thought another Realtor had a better idea about, talk to your top pick agent and see if they are willing to include that idea in their marketing for you. Most of the time, they will welcome the opportunity, if not, listen to their reason and decide for yourself. I hope my answer is very useful to you and I would like to be considered for one of the agents you interview. If I can answer any further questions for you please contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your real estate needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 21, 2008
Thank you, Robyn, for the correspondence we have between each other. (For those who are new to this thread, please read previous correspondence). This note is to let you know that I have not forgotten about you. Let's stay in touch!
Web Reference: http://heidigolff.com
Hi Robyn,
I agree that communication is a factor, but it is also the Realtor who know your area.
I have tools that would help speed the sale, also, a hint, check the Realtor"s phone# area code.
Keep in Touch.
Okay, Robyn - I told you what I can do for you. Why haven't you called or emailed me? You wanted aggressive and responsive - I am definitely that, or I wouldn't be emailing you again!! I am booked until Monday and am available then to meet with you and see your property.
Web Reference: http://heidigolff.com
Oh yeah this is great, now a guy from Florida thinks he is going to be "the real estate agent who is aggressive about marketing listings and who maintains communication" on a listing in Ventura California.
We can help you with your question. Please contact us directly.

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalacePropertiesOnline.com
321.773.5611
321.704.9305
There are so many variables here. I am the first to say that my clients are very satisfied with my ongoing communication. Some prefer phone updates and others prefer email communication. In my opinion it is much easier to keep my clients in touch with the everchanging market by email. I send them updates and MLS updates so we can keep them in the loop of things as they are in transition.
Very important to keep you marketing budget up there! And push out past the normal range of marketing. We must see our properties marketed outside of our area and my point is to get as much out there as possible.
Always being available is the most important issue. Be there. I am known for my high quality advertising and easy to reach.
Patricia Bergren
Coldwell Banker United Brokers
Battle Ground,Wa. 98604
I have a system of how I communicate with my clients. I use multiple ways of communication and believe in the Platinum rule.. Treat the client the way they like to be treated. So if you prefer to get e-mails weekly then that is how we will communicate. If you prefer a call weekly then that is the way will communicate.
Web Reference: http://www.DonnaLondot.com
Shawn,

You're probably a great guy, but can you tell me how you can service a listing in Ventura all the way from Lake Arrowhead?

-Ted
What do you consider agressive marketing? I could fly the Goodyear blimp over your house with the price on it and that might look like agressive marketing, but it really does not matter much if the price is not right for the market conditions and if we don't understand who the buyers for your property are and where they spend their time looking for homes.

Marketing isn't about just placing ads willy nilly. If I spend a gizillion dollars on advertisment to make you happy, but the advertising does not produce, then all I did was waste my money and your time. Even worse if I am so reckless with my money, what do you think I am going to do with your money when it comes time to negotiate?

You need to understand where the largest pool of qualified buyers are, and then target that group. Price in the current market conditions will be critical. The media has already told the buyer pool that they are foolish to over-pay, so now plan if you are going to get agressive, or stay where you are for 3-5 years.

-Ted Mackel
Hi Robyn,

The one of the keys to a successful transaction/relationship is communication. I handling about ten sellers/listings a month right now and have three escrows right now (5 closed this year). I speak to my clients on a regular basis and then update them via phone or email on an as needed basis in regards to showings and appt, open house and overall transaction info. I would recommend that you interview and ask agents to bring thier comm log/ or email history of communication for a typical file. Its proof positive that they are communicating, also get a referral list of recent clients and ask questions in regards to agents communication . As far as marketing, any good agent has a written marketing plan either specific for your property or a general plan. Get a copy of it and review it with them. My marketing plan has a signature area where I make a commitment in writing to certain actions and activities i.e. advertising (sample ads, flyers and promotional material), staging, internet/website advertising, open houses, etc. Good luck if i can refer you a keller williams agent i would be happy to do so. Let me know your specifc area.
My partner Aleks and I would welcome the opportunity to interview with you for the position of selling your home. We both have 'smart phones' which allow us to stay in nearly constant touch with clients, other agents, and prospective buyers. Our marketing plans are unique and designed to create maximum exposure for your listing and attract the largest possible pool of buyers and their agents. We communicate via text messaging, email and telephone and make sure our clients are pleased. We have a long list of happy past clients (many of whom are repeat clients too) and even represent out of area brokers and their families. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Diantha