General Area in 30022>Question Details

Grant, Home Buyer in 30022

Looking for a Real-estate attorney in Atlanta (for doing an easement)

Asked by Grant, 30022 Mon Jan 17, 2011

I bought my house from the builder 2 yrs ago. Turns out they mistakenly built my retaining wall over neighboring property that the builder still owns. They agreed to an easement, but refuses to pay for drafting one. I already spent on surveys and maintenance, so need a real-estate lawyer to properly fix the situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


Not sure if you got this resolved or not but I recommend Andy Hartman with Hartman-Imbriale. 678-445-2059. He has worked with a number of my clients with RE closings as well as issues like this and RE Litigation.

Also, this sounds like it might be something covered by title insurance. Do you know if you purchased a policy at closing? If so, was it a basic or enhanced policy. I would definitely seek advice to get the builder to pay for THEIR mistake and double check that title policy. This is a common occurrance with new construction.

Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 31, 2013
I have had many clients that found Curry, Weismann, Nowak & Wilco very helpful. The website is below. Hope you find this helpful.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer