Katrin, Other/Just Looking in 63109

Looking for East coast town close to a larger city (with hotel chains), Reasonable cost of living &tax, low crime, good schools and great

Asked by Katrin, 63109 Thu May 24, 2012

community anywhere east coast

Answers

3
If you are looking at beach towns, Virginia Beach is a great place if you want a more metropolitan area. You can get caught up in traffic, but if you're smart about timing your travels, and where you choose to live, you can avoid much of the traffic. I have a house in the resort area, which has everything from million-dollar homes to smaller and older homes in the high $200s. I have a small house here and I love biking to the beach and trying out the cafes and enjoying the many festivals the city sponsor each year.

If you want to live further inland in Virginia, there's also tons of great safe places. Charlottesville, Virginia is one hour from Richmond, Virginia and is a gorgeous medium-sized town with lots of history and beautiful countryside. It has all the basics with a mall, airport, etc. The University of Virginia is located there, so there's lots of culture too. The crime rate is really low and the schools are excellent. I meet so many people here that visited and fell in love with the town. Great for families.
Kim, thank you on the feedback. I am not trying to fall in love with a realtor but with a city so relly appreciate your feedback! i will have a look at Charlottesville. How do you like Virginia Beach looking at crime rate and education?
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
Thank you again for your inquiry with the Chantel Ray Real Estate Team. We are the number one Real Estate team in the Hampton Roads area. My name is Nadine Palmer I am a 24/7 agent with so please do not hesitate to text, call or email anytime if there is a property we can help you with. I would like to send you property if you would like just send me a friendly email with an idea of what you are looking for. I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Nadine
nadine@chantelray.com
I would recommend Virginia Beach, some of the areas in Chesapeake, VA, which are close to Virginia Beach, or something near the Burbage Grant or Harborview areas of Suffolk, VA. Katrin, just below your question it indicates that you are outside of the US. Where are you located? Also, there must be other factors involved.... I would be happy to set you up with multiple automated searches in our MLS search engines which will match your specific description of what you are looking for. (In case you do not know what an MLS is... Multiple Listing Service... it where all of the local brokers have entered into a co-operative effort.... so I can assist you in the pruchase of any local broker's listing.... Example: I work for the largest broker in the area William E Wood. If the house you are interested in is listed by Century 21 or Prudential or another large local company, Rose and Womble, I can still assist you in the pruchase of one of their listings.) Send me an e-mail at joconnor@williamewood.com and I will send back a list of questions so you can describe what you are looking for, and then I will set up the search engine to match your needs and then you can get a feel for what is available. Jonathan O'Connor , William E Wood and Associates, 757-373-9355 (cell)
I am actually located in St. Louis. I think when I set up my login I was still in Europe. Thank you for the reply!
Flag Thu May 24, 2012