Barry, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Looking at 55 in Boynton Beach , Florida and saw some house we liked in The Club, Royal Lakes and Majestic Isles.

Asked by Barry, New Jersey Tue Mar 19, 2013

We are mid 50 and wondering what the age makeup of the residents in these communities are and all things being equal which would you choose,

Answers

4
The age range of the population who lives in these active adult homes in Boynton Beach will vary from mid fifties through mid eighties, with the occasional nonagenarian wandering around.

The standard formula to apply is that the older the community, the older the residents--until such time as a population turnover starts and the residents become younger, just as they were when the communities first opened.

Because these Boynton Beach active adult communities were built just around the same time - 1995 Majestic Isles, 1997 Royal Lakes, and 1998 The Club at Indian Lakes -- the population in each one will be similar.

Because no one could move in until he or she was 55 (in 1995, for example) the youngest original resident will be moving in on 74. However, since people in their sixties and seventies were also part of the original migration from the far north, they are likely to be among the group who is now considering a move elsewhere.

The only real difference among the three communities is that The Club, because it is a part of the Indian Lakes Country Club, allows you to purchase an equity membership in the Indian Lakes so you can play golf.

If you enjoy a country club lifestyle, then the Club may work best for you. If, however, you're just an occasional golfer,or you don't play at all, and you just enjoy the idea of being a part of an active, friendly community, then any of the three is an excellent choice.

You may want to ask your Boynton Beach realtor to bring you into each community so you can view the homes, and very important, tour the clubhouse and talk to some of the residents.

The typical response when you ask a resident his or her opinion of the community will be, "This is the best place you could possibly live." I base that on the fact that I have heard that quote every single time I have toured any of the numerous active adult communities in the area.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Hi Barry,

I see that none of my colleagues have mentioned the GL Homes communities for active adults. There are resale homes available in all these communities. There are also brand new homes for sale in the newest community Valencia Reserve. Because these communities are newer you will probably find more people in the younger age brackets. There will also be a brand new Valencia community called

The Valencia communities offer huge clubhouses with activities of every type. Want to join a New Jersey club, they probably have one, if they don't you can form one. There is soon to be a grand opening of the newest community to be called Valencia Cove.

If I can be of further service please give me a call.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Give me a call I am familiar with most of the 55 and over communities in Boynton Beach Delray and Lake Worth. I would be happy to help you find a place.

Leslie Hamilton
Boynton Beach
561-568-7231
lesliejhamilton@hotmail.com
ALL THESE COMPLEXES are for active adults, age restricted to one owner being at least age 55. There are many nice complexes in Boynton Beach for ALL AGES and I'll be happy to send you listings and work with you, Barry, to find you the home of your dreams. Let me know what you want to spend, how many bedrooms and baths, pool?, pets?

MARILYN JACOBS, Realtor
Jeffrey Ray & Associates
561-638-9818
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
http://www.MarilynJacobs.com