* It's a smaller town/city, so the pace of life is a little slower, less hectic, and less stressful.
* Downtown Livermore is a beautiful place.
* The lake there is absolutely exquisite.
* Everything is within minutes driving wise.
* It is more verdant than most places in SJ.
Seems like there is s bit of bias against Livermore from other parts of the Tri-Valley. I didn't believe it when we moved here, but it's starting to get to me. While there are some fantastic deals to be had in Livermore, I wonder if the cost of those deals is too high? The commute isn't going to get better for a while, even nice neighborhoods seem to have plenty of "dumpy" houses and you really have to pick your neighborhood wisely because of the distinct variance in school quality.
So, I guess my question is, other than getting a nicer house for less money, why buy in Livermore?
Not too mention the prevalence of short sales which can be painful to close.
"Real Estate Sales By Referral"
Intero Real Estate Services