General Area in San Jose>Question Details

Babuyer, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Livermore

Asked by Babuyer, San Jose, CA Mon Feb 14, 2011

'Seems like there is s bit of bias against Livermore from other parts of the Tri-Valley'

Why???

Answers

7
How interesting that all of the responses so far have been from agents who are not in Livermore or even in the same county as Livermore.
Livermore is a wonderful area, and the matter of getting more house for the money just makes it better.

Chris
01873717
Along 84 has some pretty homes with vineyard ....

what type of bias are you talking about ?
A few more reasons why someone would want to live in Livermore:

* It's a smaller town/city, so the pace of life is a little slower, less hectic, and less stressful.
* Downtown Livermore is a beautiful place.
* The lake there is absolutely exquisite.
* Everything is within minutes driving wise.
* It is more verdant than most places in SJ.

-Thuan
Here is a post regarding Livermore:

Seems like there is s bit of bias against Livermore from other parts of the Tri-Valley. I didn't believe it when we moved here, but it's starting to get to me. While there are some fantastic deals to be had in Livermore, I wonder if the cost of those deals is too high? The commute isn't going to get better for a while, even nice neighborhoods seem to have plenty of "dumpy" houses and you really have to pick your neighborhood wisely because of the distinct variance in school quality.

So, I guess my question is, other than getting a nicer house for less money, why buy in Livermore?
I concur with James. The biggest problem is that a lot of real estate offices have closed in the area. And a lot of the offices that do service livermore are far out.

Not too mention the prevalence of short sales which can be painful to close.
Many agents from San Jose and the surrounding areas may not want to make the drive. Are you interested in Livermore? Ideally you should look for an agent who is local to you ( where ever the area of interest is ) and someome who excited about assisting you. Great place to start. After that, time to get fully approved for your loan.

Jim Mauldwin
"Real Estate Sales By Referral"
Intero Real Estate Services
408-863-3020
Web Reference: http://www.jimmauldwin.com