General Area in Studio City>Question Details

Jessica, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

LA River in Studio City/Sherman Oaks

Asked by Jessica, Los Angeles, CA Wed Aug 6, 2008

I was wondering what the general consensus was about living in front of the LA River in Studio City/Sherman Oaks.

Answers

5
Hi Jessica,

It's a matter of personal taste, if you own a dog and enjoy walking along a path where you meet other dog owners and such, then you'll find it quite pleasant. It is also in close proximity to Ventura Blvd cafes and shops which makes it convenient and a social plus.

Yona Bello
Web Reference: http://www.YonaBello.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 6, 2008
Hello Jessica,

I don't think it's not good or bad. I don't see any negatives. The river does have some paved areas now for bike paths and also makes a nice divider bettween the bustle of Ventura Blvd and residential parts of Studio City. There are plans do unpave sections of it but I haven't heard anything new about it and I think that's more towards Los Feliz and Burbank. There doesn't seem to be any bias that I know about living near the river.

Monique Carrabba

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams
The Reavis Group
mcarrabba@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 6, 2008
I usually warn clients before buying close to the LA River to check out flooding and drainage. Ask the neighbors what has happened in the past when there have been heavy rains. Some streets flood because the drain lines get backed up from the sudden build-up of water.
I recently moved from Diiling in Studio City. Had multiple early morning experiences with Coyotes coming from the LA RIVER while walking my dog....nothing ever happened but they are not shy. I was told they run along it from Griffith Park.
In my experience, most people actually like it. It's generally pretty quiet and traffic is not crazy along these streets. But, of course, it all comes down to personal preference.
Mary Dignan
Web Reference: http://www.MaryDigsLA.com