General Area in Salisbury>Question Details

Cmjr1108, Both Buyer and Seller in Charlotte, NC

Job Transfer-Need help with listing home and relocation, both this area.

Asked by Cmjr1108, Charlotte, NC Thu Nov 8, 2007

Purchased a John Wieland home in Bridgehampton in June of this year and just receive a job promotion in Salisbury. The new job includes an excellent relocation package. My question is: How can I use this situation to my advantage and not incurr unreasonable real estate fees? I like the John Wieland style homes and would like to move to the Mint Hill-Matthews area. Brookhaven maybe a possibility. New or resell.

Answers

4
I do think you will benefit from making Salisbury/Rowan County your actual home. Prices are still low and it is still a buyers market. Prices are more expensive as you get closer to the Charlotte area. Not to mention the long daily drive and gas prices if you decide not to move to Rowan County. Your relocation package should provide you with help in selling your present home as well as purchasing another one. You can negotiate some parts of that package. Usually they will pay the total real estate commission on the sale of your present home. (I am also a member of the Charlotte MLS board and would love to list your home for you.) There are no real estate commission fees incurred by you on the purchase of another home in Rowan County if I am your Realtor acting as a Buyer's agent. I will get my commission from the seller. I have 30 yrs experience as a full time Realtor and will be glad to assist you in this new purchase. You can Google me at: Real Estate Salisbury NC or call me on my cell: Diane Hunter, agent 704-640-0730 Thank you.
A lot will depend on what your Relocation package has for you. Buying a home should not incure any cost it you. And most Re-Lo packages will cover much of your moving expence.
You will find that prices on homes in Salisbury are much lower than in Mint Hill. ( I have lived in both).
You may also hind that you can get a custom bult home on a much bigger lot for less.
Check homes listed in Salisbury on centurt21tc.com
Or Give me a call @ 704-213-0826 and I will help you with all of your qustions.

Jerry
Was your home in Bridgehampton purchased as a new home. If yes, many agents including me, would consider doing a "limited" service agreement on the listing.... a lot less work than a home needing repairs and extra inspections, etc. Also, if you were to list and sell with the same agent.... a "discount" could be negotiated. Commissions are not state regulated or standard but an actual contract agreement. Let me know if I could help. Brian Powers (704)232-5169.
Is your new job located in Salisbury? If so, have you considered moving into the Rowan-Salisbury area itself? It's a rather hefty drive from Mint Hill/Matthews both in time and gas. Check my website at http://www.SalisburyNCHomes.com for information about this area and also for links to area information. You will be able to search our MLS and I think you will love the houses in our newer communities. Lin