General Area in Abilene>Question Details

Randy Dodd, Real Estate Pro in Abilene, TX

It is said that 80% of shoppers start online. How many online leads (%) Led to a closing?

Asked by Randy Dodd, Abilene, TX Mon Aug 23, 2010

Answers

3
good morning randy....great question....i don't know about the percent on the real estate side, but i can tell you that on the financing side..very few...i was with a multi-state lender that purchased interent leads as the sole source of their business...i would say that apox...2% or so actually closed..of course, you have to treat them all as if they are part of the 2% until it is obvious there is nothing there..don't forget, we did refi's too...not just purchases..the majority of the leads that came in that never closed were persons who would not call you back....i have had my own website for over 7 years....i can see people wasting our time, but what is confusing is why would they spend so long on the computer shopping for information...and waste their own time by not returning a call or getting back to us after they have asked us to do so....
best of luck....
bob mcclure
mortgage one
brighton, michigan
My advice regarding companies that charge you for every "qualified lead" is: DON'T DO IT! Over the years I've taken the bait for a few of the sales pitches and they've all been a big waste of money. I've had a much better result with leads I've gotten through Trulia!

My two cents . . . . .
Web Reference: http://www.JimMcCowan.com
Probably less than 1%. Thats going to be the range. For every 10 you get, you should probably close 1. And that probably pays for it. I mean on 300K, if you get 9K, if you are a broker, say your cut is 50%, $4,500 off 1 lead isnt bad at all. Worse case you pay what $200 a month online right?? So the ROI is huge.

Good Luck bro.

Sameer