General Area in Boston>Question Details

Jgels, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Is there raw space out there in Boston that could be bought and then built out into a two bed room condo?

Asked by Jgels, Boston, MA Sat Apr 28, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


45 Province at Mid-Town Boston.
Ask Wayne Lopaz at 617-733 4599
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
You are most likely looking for live work space, or flex space. There is some out there but there is not a ton. I would look in the leather district or the seaport districts first. The difficulty is that you need something that is zoned for residential use that has not been built out in a large building, so, your best bet to find that is to find something that is zoned for commercial and residential use such as an old studio loft or office and convert it into a residential space.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2012
You are mixing your metaphors:
A Condo is in a COMPLEX, of many Condos.
You couldn't have a single condo; it would be a house!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
FHA 203k loans can be used to convert a single family into a two family. Once the renovations are complete, you could then apply to convert the properties into condominiums. Check with a local real estate attorney who is familiar with the process to get the details.

You could also convert a three family back into a two family with the same type of loan. FHA 203K renovation loans are for owner occupied buyers. We have conventional renovation loans that can be used for investment properties. Contact me if you need more information about these loans.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer