General Area in York>Question Details

Jason, Home Buyer in York, ME

Is there limited parking for Long beach in York ME? Would I be able to park on the street during summer months?

Asked by Jason, York, ME Tue Dec 27, 2011

How busy is the beach area in October-Winter? I am really interested in learning about the parking situation because I really want to go to the beach there with my family.

Answers

2
There is limited parking there in the summer (especially July and August) and even having a parking pass (which I believe is $35.00 for residents now) does not guarantee you a spot. There are a limited number of parking passes for non-residents at a higher rate. (Seniors get a discount.) These can be obtained at the York Town Hall in the Village. There is also metered parking at Short Sands which is not a long walk to Long Sands. (Permits are not valid here!) There are even a few free places beside the small ball field and even more there for permit holders only. October through the winter parking is free and the beach is pretty bare of people. See you at the beach! -Beth
There are metered spaces in the summer all along Long Beach. If you own property in York, you can get a resident sticker that allows you to park at Long Beach without paying the meter. The cost is very reasonable, $25 I think.
The meters are removed in the fall/winter and daytime parking is easy. Some limitations on overnight parking due to snow plowing.
If you have more questions, please feel free to phone or email me.
Margaret Mitchell
Coldwell Banker Yorke Realty
529 US Route 1, Suite 101
York, ME 03909
Office: 207-363-4300 X107 Cell: 207-752-3489
EMail: Margaret@MargaretMitchellRE.com