General Area in Floral Park>Question Details

Maria Graves, Other/Just Looking in Clifton, NJ

Is there a parking problem in floral park?

Asked by Maria Graves, Clifton, NJ Wed Apr 18, 2012

Answers

7
If you are concerned about parking issues, consider visiting the area more than once and at different times of day, see all firsthand; as stated below the village requires all cars to be off street at certain times; if purchasing in the village, inform yourself well by contacting them directly. http://www.fpvillage.org/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 18, 2012
I think there is a parking problem for those of us who can't park in a driveway. I'm a renter, newly moved here in January, 2015. I've had to walk 4 to 5 blocks into Queens, in order to park my car overnight. Have had run-ins with some very unwelcoming home owners, who didn't want me parking near their house. All this while trekking through some major snow storms. I was afraid that someone would damage my car, so I never parked near there again. I've been living in California for 20 years and I must say all of this was a very upsetting, unwelcome back to New York!
I love how all these real estate agents kiss the village of fps ass. The parking is bs, not parking in front of your own house doesn't make fp any safer. All fp cops do is give out parking tickets so they can justify their ludicrous salary. The queens side of fp has no parking problems. I guess it's safer on the south side if Jericho turnpike. Legalized extortion nonsense.
I've lived in floral park for 15 yrs I rent now I use to own. The parking between 3 and 5 is ridiculous... Why ??? They say it's for street cleaners that's a load of bull ish. Ive never seen a street cleaner between those times. The truth is they do it bc floral park has there own police. On like the surrounding city's. Politics no matter where you live someones always getting robbed by the government. I'll finish by saying why does floral park have there own police department??? I know floral park is one of the most dangerous places in Nassau...lol. RIDICULOUS, STUPID AND STUPID.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Yes there is and it stinks. I just started working there on Jericho Tpke. I wasn't informed that I would not have a spot to park. There is both metered and non metered parking. However all street parking is for a maximum of four hours. Even if you own s home one cannot park in front if their own home for more than four hours at a time. And there is absolutely no parking between certain hours everyday. I just called the town and this was told to me. One would have to pay 300.00 annually for a permit but I'm not sure if that means you can park beyond the four hour limit. I would never live there and now don't want to work there. I was told the reason is to keep the area nice. That is not the reason since business owners need to have spots for their employees to park. So either they have to leave work every four hours and jockey around the neighborhood in the middle of the day to change spots. This is a way to deter businesses in the area and to make money with meters and permits. The muni lot was empty because employees are not going to want to pay 4-5 dollars a day on top of their gas and car expenses to commute everyday. Therefore they disrupt their work by running out to move their car to avoid another expense with a parking ticket. How does this make the area nice. They are still going to park on the street. There will just be more local traffic moving cars all day. And I imagine if they get fined once too often they will look for a job elsewhere. Perhaps all businesses should leave floral park. That's my rant.
Parking is not normally an issue in the Village of Floral Park. Overnight parking between 3am and 5am is not permitted. This is not uncommon for the surrounding communities of Bellerose Village, Garden City, Stewart Manor and the Village of New Hyde Park.

If you need to have an overnight guest and they cannot park in your driveway, the Floral Park Police office will give you a pass for your guest.

Here's a link to the police department with a link to the form to fill out. Its really simple.
http://www.floralparkpolice.com/FAQ.html
Flag Mon Apr 23, 2012
Hi Maria,

The incorporated village of Floral Park requires that all cars are off the street between the hours of 3:00am and 5:00 am. Most streets have signs spelling out the rules and restrictions.