Walter Julian, Home Buyer in East Falmouth, MA

Is the groundwater safe in E. Falmouth?

Asked by Walter Julian, East Falmouth, MA Mon Mar 26, 2012

Made an offer on a home in E. Falmouth and just received a disclosure from our realtor regarding water plumes from the MMR. I am very concerned about safety of my family and if this would have an impact on resale. I have read about the clean up, but want to know, for example, can I plant a vegetable garden and safely eat the produce?

Answers

2
99 % of Falmouth has Town Water and the Town has Secured protected well head to provide for the Towns needs for the next 100 years, The damage from the Otis Plumes has been extensively monitor and documented and does not pose a threat to the towns water supply. The town is in the process of conducting an 800k study on a new filtration system that remove any naturally accruing contamination from the Long Pond Reservoir .
Lisa Cannata, Agent, Dennis, MA
Plume disclosures are a frightful thing to have to sign when purchasing a home. Honestly you should have been made aware of this prior to the offer, but good thing you were at least made aware. You have the right to be concerned,especially when it comes to resale. Best site for checking this out is http://www.mmr.org. When it comes to planting a garden, honestly I would be more worried with the use of chemicals in our soil from fertilizers and pesticides before the base would worry me. The base contamination has mainly effected ground water and these homes have since been put on town water. You're smart to ask these questions and I would suggest looking long and hard where you are buying. Real Estate and resale "location " location" location". Hope I helped.
0 votes • Comment • Flag • Delete • A moment ago
If your are not happy with your current Realtor I'd be happy to help. Grew up here, Raised three sons here. I know it well from end to end. Call or e mail me anytime.

Lisa Cannata
774.353.7129
Lcannata@robertpaul.com
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012
Thank you very much. Our current realtor has not been very resourceful to us. We are relocating from Arizona to Cape Cod. We are currently very confused about where to purchase a home. We have a son who will be in 8th grade and want great schools and a family community. Our realtor just isn't able to provide much guidance in that area.
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012