General Area in Jacarandas>Question Details

Neil Griffin, Real Estate Pro in York, ME

Is the NE Gator Circle area of Cape Coral a nice section, up and coming...or lower rent district b/c it's far from water? Is it similar Lehigh Acres?

Asked by Neil Griffin, York, ME Fri Jun 8, 2012

Answers

10
NE section is a great investment considering the economical up swing with the addition of the VA Hospital etc. This area was being built out similarly to sections of Lehigh Acres during the same time period. All of these newer home areas have been sifting through "defective drywall" homes that were built between "04 - 07". Most have been identified and have been purchased by construction companies interested in rehabilitation. Most of these suburbs have been seeing excellent growth in commercial plazas in the Cape Coral area. Many people are liking not having to pay bridge tolls when living in the NE and NW section of the Cape. There are some homes which will be on well and septic. Assessments will be starting in 2013 in certain areas. If you need some help with navigating all of these issues I would like to help you.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011"by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Web Access to MLS:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
Thanks (to all) for this info. My father bought land in this area back in the 70s and we are just exploring it now. Glad to hear it's an up-and-coming part of town. I will keep these responses for when we know what our next steps are.
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012
Gator Circle saw significant development during the real estate bubble and much of it was investor driven. This area remains one of the less built-out, quieter parts of the city. The challenge with Gator Circle area and what helps keep the home prices a bit lower is the further distances that you have to drive for basic amenities.

If you are interested in Gator Circle, here is a resource to view active Gator Circle real estate listings: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/gator-circle.php

Good luck with your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
Absolutely NOT lower rent district. I have a 3/2 plus den home up there that I rent out for $995 a month. Almost every home is 10 years old or less. It is very close to Del Prado and Route 41. A new Publix shopping center is at the corner of Del Prado and Kismet, and a brand new Publix shopping center is being built at the corner of Del Prado and Route 41. This area is on the up and up. Everything is new, new, new. I have investors that have me looking specifically in the Gator Circle area for investment homes. If you need any other info, call or email me. I would be happy to discuss.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
Gator circle is nothing like Lehigh Acres. Though the area is less developed, there are still some very nice homes. Feel free to call or email with any questions. Also, trulia often has out of date data. To search for active homes, go to http://www.swflhomeresource.com and do an advanced search. It is the most advanced home search available.

Steve Geving
239-573-1400
Jones and Co Realty
http://www.swflhomeresource.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
The Gator Circle area was just be developed shortly before the real estate bubble burst. It is a nice area, just less developed then other parts of town. It is nothing like Lehigh! There are some very affordable homes in the area but it has the plusses of Cape Coral. Good family area. If you need more info, feel free to call or email me directly. I actually have a nice waterfront lot for sale in that area if you are considering building.

Margie Birch
239-691-1303
mbirch1@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
Some very nice homes were built in the Gator cir area !
You'd be wise to take advantage of the low price's and low interest rates.

Take your search to the next level.
Have the advantage of searching like a Pro !
Just sign up for a listingbook account on the front page of my site, you'll receive the latest listing sent right to your inbox!
I'm a buyers agent I work for you! The listing agent works for the seller !
No tricks ,No gimmicks, No harassing phone calls.
You tell me when you're ready !!!!
Click the link below for a free listingbook account:
http://agent4leecounty.listingbook.com/

Best regards ,
Susan Callahan, ABR, CNS
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate LLC
CELL: 239-896-6342
7205 Estero Blvd # 724 Fort Myers Beach, FL. 33931
E-Mail: Agent4lee@aol.com
http://www.AGENT4LEECOUNTYFL.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 9, 2012
When Gator Circle was first developed, it was to be the place to live surround by lovely new homes. Close proximity to Rt 41 and I75, Gator Circle is coming back. The homes are a good value there. The rents are not low. Gator Circle is not at all like Lehigh Acres.
It is a nice section if you like quiet and slightly secluded. Not like Lehigh but not like lower Cape either.
Great question (s). The entire NE quadrant is still in transition, but it is my belief that the "bottom" is well behind and the future once again looks bright. It is not considered necessarily "low rent", but rather a pocket of opportunity. My father always told me, "If you want to know where you're going, look where you have been". The NE, for the better part of Cape Coral's history, has been an up and coming area. It is once again showing signs of returning to that promise. Prices are unbelievably low, but as of late, starting to creep upward. Inn my opnion, this is only the beginning.
Are you looking to buy or rent??? I will be listing a very nice property in Gator Circle so if you are looking to buy contact me for more information.