General Area in 28411>Question Details

Diane Rathbu…, Renter in Raleigh, NC

Is the Murrayville Road area considered as desirable as the Monkey Junction area for resale?

Asked by Diane Rathburn, Raleigh, NC Thu Apr 28, 2011

Answers

6
Monkey Junction has everything you need. I've lived in MJ for four years and prices have fallen here and everywhere else in the city. It's hard to say what will happen in the future. Many times it just depends on the neighborhood and not the area. If you want to look at specific neighborhoods check out focusmattersrealty.com. There you'll find the price range, the size of homes, amenities and other information on almost 200 neighborhoods in Wilmington. There's a map so you can zero in on specific parts of town too. We're still adding neighborhoods in the Monkey Junction area and others so if you have questions about a neighborhood not listed, just give us a call! We're always available to answer questions! Also, we can generally tell you what prices have done in specific neighborhoods.
Not right now. Monkey Junction area is the hot area now, because of the schools, most notably Ashley High School. There is less congestion in the Murrayville area and is more convenient to Wrightsville Beach and other areas, but for families, most generally want to be in the Ashley School district. If you are looking to sell in the next five years then take that into consideration. But remember things always change, in five years, Monkey Junction may be annexed into the city and the traffic will issues will become a concern. May drive things back towards the Murryville area.
Near and long term you will be competing with new construction more in the Murrayville Road area than Monkey Junction. This will soften the upside potential. Plus Monkey Junction is closer to most of the jobs. You will see that they prices in Monkey Junction are a bit higher yet have more upside potential.
Not really. The Monkey Junction area has a higher resale value, probably due to it's more central location.
I have lived near Ogden (Murrayville area) and now live south of Monkey Junction....seems based on sales that the Monkey Junction areas have held their value more than other areas in Wilmington....school districts may also play a factor in that as well. I personally live in this area and felt it was a good decision due to this area is still growing even with the economy like it is! Let me know if I can help you!
Monkey Junction will be annexed eventually- double the property tax!!! Murraysville is very close to the airport and the Wave transit system. The Wave transit sytsem is merging w/ Greyhound so I see Murraysville growing. Another feature is a new park is going to be coming soon!!