General Area in Potrero Hill>Question Details

Raymond, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Is the Dogpatch neighborhood in San Francisco an upcoming area in town?

Asked by Raymond, San Francisco, CA Sun Sep 23, 2007

Answers

4
I think Dogpatch is a good opportunity right now in San Francisco. There are some very nice buildings with well built, newer loft-style condos. They are priced reasonably because (more reasonably than SOMA/ South Beach) they are in a very transitional area. With the resurgence int he economy slowly (very slowly) gaining momentum, I can most certainly see the Dogpatch to be a great San Francisco community.

There is easy access to the downtown area as well as the Peninsula via the CalTrain depot.

The community is an interesting mix of young hip and old-school and relatively safe.

If you would like to know more, I would love to help!
Web Reference: http://www.agentforsf.com
I believe that Dogpatch can't be anything but up and coming. Mission Bay & UCSF creating new industries just down the street. Proximity to downtown and the vibrancy of Potrero Hill & SOMA. Be aware that it is in an area of major discussion and rezoning. The Planning Commission has been working on maps that will determine the uses for specific lots. Below is a link to the project on the Planning Comission page. If I can be of more assistance call me.
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
In a nutshell, yes.

Dogpatch has for years been considered a "transitional" neighborhood, with an interesting mix of industrial, historic, and modern construction. It's not unusual to see a gorgeous Victorian single family home, a modern loft building, and industrial warehouses all in the same block.

With the opening of the 3rd street light rail earlier in the year and the continued development of the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, the dogpatch will continue to be seen as an interesting and desirable part of San Francisco to live in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2007
Today, Dogpatch is a neighborhood in transition. It maintains an offbeat, quaint, populist appeal, dating back to its working-class roots. But as the mix of residents and businesses continue to change, the character of the area could soon disappear unless steps are taken to save it.

Neighbors hope that planners and developers will build from the legacy of Dogpatch's colorful past in guiding the district to an even brighter future. This information was found on. http://www.pier70sf.org/dogpatch/dogpatch_history.htm

For more historical information: http://www.pier70sf.org/dogpatch/index.htm
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA