General Area in Charlotte>Question Details

Cellia765jon…, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Is the Davidson area impacted IN ANY WAY by the Concord car racing scene?

Asked by Cellia765jones, Charlotte, NC Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

4
Daniel Fisher’s answer
Good evening, Cellia:
There are parts of Davidson that are fairly close to the Speedway and racing contributes to the local economy. There are a lot of speed shops and racing teams located in Mooresville so they would have to drive through Davidson to get to the track... You might have to wait a little longer to get a table at your favorite restaurant during race week, but other than that and possibly slightly heavier traffic on NC-73, I'd guess that most Davidson residents would tell you that they really don't notice much change. If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 21, 2012
Thanks to all of you for your helpful input!!
Davidson is not impacted by the speedway. Perhaps you are asking about traffic during race times. I guess Hwy 73 could be affected some but most people use the I-85, Hwy 29 and Hwy 49 to get to the races. If you are talking about the speedway affecting property values, it does not affect that either. It does not affect values in Cabarrus county either. There are only three major races a year.
Davidson is miles away from Concord and would not be considered to be a highly traveled route to get to and from the raceway. Most traffic jam-ups will be seen on i85 and Old Cncord Highway (Hwy 29). Davidson is closer to I77.