General Area in Tuckerton>Question Details

Rose, Home Buyer in Tuckerton, NJ

Is it true that Tuckerton Meadows is the ghetto of Tuckerton. What does that mean?

Asked by Rose, Tuckerton, NJ Tue May 26, 2009

Does that mean it is not kept up well, there are a lot of problems there, low income families? Please advise as I want to look at the places there.

Answers

4
Rose,

I have lived in Tuckerton Meadows for 19 years and have seen the community change for the good and the bad over the years. Many many years ago in the economic down turn of 1992- 94 several homes were foreclosed on and turned into rentals, that trend has reversed and we are seeing more resident owners.
The current board is committed updating & improving the ground while holding the association fees as stable as possible.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question
Curtis Lee
President
Tuckerton Meadows Townhome Owners Assoc.

I also must disclose I am a realtor.
Curtis Lee
Weichert Realtors
Check out http://www.tuckertonmeadows.com to see all the homes for sale in Tuckerton Meadows.
Web Reference: http://www.tuckertonmeadows
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 27, 2009
I don't know where you heard that, I hope it wasn't from a Realtor! Tuckerton Meadows is a small community, with professional management. Taxes are reasonable (for NJ!), it has mass transportation (Bus) and it's part of the Pinelands Regional School system.

Take at look at the properties in this link...these are the units currently for sale in Tuckerton Meadows. As you'll see from the pictures, the homes and neighborhood is well kept.

https://jerseyshoremls.net/njs/maildoc/sd_AAAa0072C200905270…

If you'd like to check out any of these homes or others for sale in Tuckerton or southern Ocean County, contact me.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore
609-384-6121
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 27, 2009
Tuckerton Meadows is one of the more family oriented communities within town. The townhomes are for the most part well kept, and display quaint character if you observe from the main road and parking lots. Years ago there were a few 'bad seeds', but over the last few years, the community has cleaned up tremendously. If you are an upstanding citizen who pays your dues and keeps your property looking neat and tidy, then you will have absolutely nothing to worry about. The association dues are EXTREMELY low for Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Currently the dues are $114 which is unheard of in the state of NJ. Some of the units have gotten new roofing, windows, and many internal upgrades. You get what you pay for...if you see a low priced unit, you can gather there is a good chance the owners did not upgrade the unit etc. If you see a higher priced unit, expect the unit owners actually cared and put their heart and soul into the unit. I always say you get what you pay for. Sure you can get a unit for dirt cheap with the economy and people's hardships, but don't expect to not have headaches the rest of the time you live there. I can tell you we spent a ton of money upgrading our unit, and between the marble and bamboo flooring we installed as well as the new AC coil and windows, our unit is one of the most efficient on utilities. Electric bill is well under $100 and gas bill is not much over $100. We took utility efficiency into mind when we made those particular upgrades, and it paid off. The community is a great place to live if you have a small family or are single. People are always watching out for one another, and it is a tight knit community in some of the Courts. I highly suggest the area, and safety is A+ as the police ride through regularly and everyone always looks out for one another. Happy hunting!
I lived in Tuckerton Meadows and I would not recommend that place to my worst enemy. It is quite simply put "The Ghetto in the Meadows." It was alright for a few years, but as of late, it is full of renters and riddled with drugs. The association and management company is the absolute worst. The houses were built like crap when they did them so the insulation is terrible and utilities bills are through the roof. They are very cute little houses but not worth the aggravation. Avoid associations altogether if you can.
i wondered if anyone would tell the TRUTH!! Lived here since they were built and you are right on the money!!!
Flag Wed May 11, 2016