General Area in Miami>Question Details

Rosa Blanca, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

Is it safe enough to use this website to search for apartments? I had found 2 that I was interested in, but it sounded like a scam. The reason why I

Asked by Rosa Blanca, Miami, FL Thu May 23, 2013

think it might be that is because the 2 person that I spole to gave me the same response that they both lived in Texas. I called them, but neither answered the phone. They only gave me their email after and responded. As I stated above; both living in Texas. So I'm unsure if I should trust this website because I don't want to rent a place and someone takes my money. Also, if I found a listing that I like, can I only contact the person who is advertising the place. Or I can contact someone else, for the same apartment?

Answers

7
As I have posted to similar questions:

Out of State Landlord, red flag!

Limited communication (no answer), red flag!

Landlord wants deposit wired when you have not even met him/her, red flag!

Low rent or very easy terms, red flag!

Renters choose a Real Estate professional to assist you in finding you a place to lease. When choosing an agent you must be very careful as well, check their credentials and check the status of their license with the DBPR. Make sure that the person that meets you at the property is in deed the agent you have spoken to. Rental scams are big these days, do not be deceived by appearance, establishment/office and/or, business cards.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
Dear Rosa,

You will find a lot of old and expired listings online. THe best resource always will be a trusted real estate agent who will be providing you with his knowledge and expertise and guide you through the whole process and sending you current and active listings.
If you need any assistance I will gladly help you with your real estate needs, Please note that all services for buyers are free. Please kindly contact me at meg@viviendarealtors.com for current listings matching your criteria.
The best and safest way to find an apartment to lease or buy is to contact a real estate agent - who would do the whole work for you at no charge to you.
Take care about that, sometimes is a fraudulent action.
Sure a licence profesional in Real Estate help you , you give the address and , the agent search in the secure programs, and help you to reach the perfect place for you!
There are many frauds in rentals currently. Do your homework and make sure you're dealing with the actual landlords. You can also call a real estate agent and let him/her handle for you.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
AlbertSellsHomes@gmail.com
Rosa,
There are some legitimate rentals on here, but some scams too. Any website that allows unlicensed people to post and make offers is subject to fraudsters. Tread carefully and consider getting a local agent to help you with a rental.
No, nothing is safe anymore:
You must be ever vigilant.
Do not trust absentee owners.