General Area in Park Slope>Question Details

Anne, Both Buyer and Seller in New York, NY

Is it possible to find a 1-bd/std in Boerum Hill, Park Slope, BklynProspect Heights, Carroll Gardens for 265k?

Asked by Anne, New York, NY Wed Sep 19, 2007

I am looking for a 1-bedroom or studio in Boerum Hill, Park Slope, BklynProspect Heights, Carroll Gardens -- for less than 265k. Is this feasible? Thanks,Anna

Answers

2
Hi Anna

That's definitely going to be a tough one as those areas fetch a pretty penny. If you are willing to live south of the park, you can find a 1 bedroom in Kensington or Ditmas Park in your price range. These neighborhoods are up and coming as many people being priced out of the more expensive areas north of the park are now migrating there. I'd be happy to assist you in your search.
Good Luck.
This is tough Anna. Price per square foot in those areas can range from $500-$850, maybe even more depending on the building amenities, conditions, condo/coop etc. It is an interesting market area. You have many new construction, as well as many existing properties and conversions. But I highly doubt anything under 300K is available in those areas.

The only one I could find on Trulia I linked below.