General Area in El Cerrito>Question Details

Jessica, Other/Just Looking in 94114

Is it possible to compare the prices and avg sq footage of homes in El Cerrito Hills v. homes in the flats?

Asked by Jessica, 94114 Tue Oct 27, 2009

I would like to know if you can get more square feet for your money in El Cerrito Hills v. the flats and what the median house size is for homes in El Cerrito Hills. Thank you for your help.

Answers

2
In building, the hillside homes are three to four times more expensive than building on a flat lot.
Hi Jessica,

In general you will get more square footage for the money no matter where you buy. A smaller home tends to sell at a higher $/sqft than a big house, sometimes almost twice as much.
You can find some bigger homes in the flats of El Cerrito (those that have been added on) but we tend to have a lot of 2 bedroom/1 bath homes in the flats and bigger homes (3/2) in the hills with views.
Location is key also. You can spend $600,000 for a small 2/1 in the St Jerome area, close to Thousand Oaks about 1000sqft and then spend the exact amount in the hills in northern El Cerrito for a 3/2 1800sqft home!

I hope this helps. If you need exact comparables just let me know.

Catherine Krueger
CA DRE # 01271748
Marvin Gardens Real Estate