General Area in Las Vegas>Question Details

Barbara Fouc…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Is it feasible to buy a home in Las Vegas with the water shortage? What is the outlook ? Cost of

Asked by Barbara Foucek-montgomery, Los Angeles, CA Sun May 13, 2012

Answers

3
Barbara. I would put my concerns about water shortage on the same level as living in Los Angeles and worrying about an earthquake. The people who live in Las Vegas do not make "water shortage" a top priority.

David Cooper
Barbara
I have lived here since 1971. There have been dry periods and sometimes there have been wet periods. It all depends on how much snow pack accumulates in those mountains.There is one of the largest underground water acquirers north of us in Armigosa valley. I have 1/4 acre with grass in the front and a pool. And my water bill runs around $90.00 a month right now. The water authority has drawn up plans to pipe water from outlying communities. Prices are down and interest rates are very good.. I think it would be feasible to purchase a home I Las Vegas. Do your research and make sure you are comfortable with all the conditions before you purchase. I am always here to answer your questions.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Realty One Group
702-234-7653
SuzieM@RealtyOneGroup.com
Las Vegas has faced a water shortage every year for the past 20 years or more. Clark County and the Cities in Clark County have spent large amounts of money over the past 10 years building catchment basins and has an extensive water conservation program.

It is certainly feasible to but a home in Las Vegas as the prices are the lowest they have been in 10 years.

Marcia Bowen
Broker/Manager
Pulse Realty Group