General Area in Chicago>Question Details

darthreal, Both Buyer and Seller in Chicago, IL

Is it a good idea to use the same realitor to sell my current condo that I use to purchase my new single family home in the city? Thanks, ED

Asked by darthreal, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 16, 2012

Answers

11
Ed,

There is a big difference between agents who sell home and agents who work with buyers. There are four reasons why a property does or does not sell. Send me an email and I will email you a video that guides you on choosing the right agent. Knowing what you now know, why take chances when it comes to selling one of your largest assets. I work primarily with sellers and my team always has a large pool of buyers. The process can be easy and keep you engaged, like a well put together puzzle.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Group Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Locally Known, Globally Recognized"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Dathreal, because your previous Realtor moved out of state (as in your later post), I think it would be a good idea to consult with a few local Realtor's and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
YES, it is a good idea to use the same Realtor as long as you are comfortable with him/her. The Realtor will have to work to sell your condo, but you must also be realistic in the listing price of your condo and its availability for showings. How is the status of your building? Can a future buyer obtain FHA or at least Conventional financing? If no, then you have a big problem. Work with a Realtor that you feel comfortable with.
If the agent is familiar with the neighborhoods then why not? I assume you do not have a particular agent in mind so perhaps start by looking speaking with a few agents and start looking for a house and get a 'feel' for that agent. If you feel comfortable with him/her then go ahead.
I would not list your condo until Spring so you have time to start to see what your house options might be. It is very difficult to coordinate the sale and purchase. You should ask agents you interview to do a market analysis to give you a price range of value and see what they think of the time frame it might take to sell. Not all condos are equal.
Doing lots of open houses are meaningless to the sale of just about anything anymore. Since the Internet few 'serious' folks bother going to open houses. The main function of open houses....unless it is a new construction/conversion project.......is for the agent to pick up some new business from newbee buyers who are not yet hooked up with an agent.
My web site might have some helpful information for both your sale and purchase.
I can give you a better deal if I work with you on your sale and your purchase.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty and Development
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
Ed,
If one of your requests would be for a Realtor to host open houses then I would clearly state that when I speak with a Realtor.
Ask how many opens will you host over a months time? Make sure the unit is available to show. Make sure you know whether or not the unit can be financed with a FHA loan or not. That often stands in the way of a condo selling.
Feel free to contact me with your questions or concerns.
Corey D. McCray
D'Aprile Properties, LLC
Corey@McCrayRealEstate.com
312.569.9806
My previous realtor has moved out of state so I will need to get a new one. My concern is that many people of I spoken with that are trying to sell their condos have had bad experiences with realtors that are selling their units. It seems they don't want to work for the money i.e. few open house and rely strictly on online posting to bring in potential buyers. If the realtor knows I am looking to buy once I sell my current place they mighy be motivate to work for the commission they are getting.
Dear Ed,

If you are extremely pleased with the way your Realtor handled you purchase I would find out what his/her experience is in being a listing agent for condos. The most common error I have seen with listing agents for condos is not having collected condo docs and financial. If this is all collected at the beginning it can be attached to the listing a .PDF. Having all these documents ready to go will reduce lag time with the attorney review as well as let potential buyers know upfront what are the condo associations rules and regulations, and financial strength or weakness.

Best of luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago
Hi Ed:

If you like your broker, yes I would use them. If you think that your broker is not the right fit for you, then using two brokers is a good way to try developing another, potentially more successful relationship.

Matt
Ed,
Ask yourself were you happy with the agent that helped you buy your current place. If the answer is yes ask the Realtor will he give you a discount in commission to list your condo.
Some offices will allow a Realtor to lower the listing commission or fees of a listing if the agent was responsible for the purchase of a client's home and now they want to sell another property quickly.
Should you have any other questions feel free to ask me.
Corey.
Corey@McCrayRealEstate.com
I think that you would want to work with the same agent provided that you have a strong relationship and you are satisfied with their service. However you should speak with your agent to make sure they are familiar with the area and property type - Make sure that they are willing to do both.
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guarantedd Rate
773-290-0455