General Area in Selma>Question Details

Ann Marks, Other/Just Looking in North Carolina

Is Selma, NC a good place to live?

Asked by Ann Marks, North Carolina Mon Nov 22, 2010

Answers

5
I think one of the best kept secrets of the area is Selma. Good schools and quaint areas around a pleasant small town. Selma has incredibly low home prices for an area that has so much. Just a quick 30 min commute to Raleigh with the new 70 bypass with no stops, good food and shopping right next door with the huge outlet malls and Selma's antique shops are well known too. Also the great Rudy Theatre...the home of the American Music Jubilee. An ideal location for Retirees, Selma has everything close by like medical facilities and senior job opportunities as well as the Historic Amtrak Station is just a few blocks walking distance from most any area of town. What else could you ask for? Leave the madness of the capital city and retire in a friendly small town just minutes away from the big city. My wife and I are shopping for a house there for ourselves for retirement, I have lived there before and I like the fact that so much is within a short distance along the 301 'strip'. Also I like to take train trips and I want to be right there near the station.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
Don't know if you might be interested but we are fixing up a beautiful home right there near the station and it should be ready to put on the market in about a month or so.
Flag Thu Sep 12, 2013
Ann,

I am attaching the Selma city website below. Selma is a charming small town about 30 to 45 min from Raleigh. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in a place to live. LIke most small towns I would say just make sure they have enough of what you like to do or are at least close to somewhere that does.

http://www.selma-nc.com/

If you do not already have a relocation qualified agent in the Selma area and need on just let me know.

Hope this helps,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 22, 2010
Ann,

Unfortunately, as a a licensed broker in NC we cannot comment on many of the things you are asking. I can provide you with websites, phone numbers and a lot more in order for you to get the information you are desiring. So if you want some specific information just let me know.

Hope this helps,
I'm wondering if Selma is a safe place to live. I see that crime is higher than the state average. I'd be outside of the town limits, but would there be clean grocery stores nearby? I don't have children but are the schools good? Are there racial problems? Does the town respond to citizens concerns and keep the area safe and attractive?

Ann
It really depends on what you are looking for in a town. I am a native of Johnston County and very familiar with the area. If you would like more info. On Selma and the surrounding towns, I will be glad to help you.