General Area in San Marco>Question Details

Noviceb, Other/Just Looking in San Marco, Jacksonvi...

Is San Marco a safe area?

Asked by Noviceb, San Marco, Jacksonville, FL Sun Oct 4, 2009

Answers

3
Not really. San Marco has lovely homes but I do not feel safe anywhere in this city. I moved from Southern California. I have lived in urban areas in California and have always felt safe. I never even locked my doors in calif. There are generally a lot of bad people here in Jacksonville, far more than I have ever seen. Many who do not work and steal to get ahead. Within 4 months of moving here my home was broken into and 8,000$ of computers and electronics was stolen. A woman was raped this last week in my neighborhood riding her bike just after dark by 3 young boys who threw a brick at her head after she kindly said "hello" to them in passing. Not to say there aren't good people in Jacksonville, but there sure are a lot of scum bags here and that includes San Marco. Far to many on welfare, food stamps or sponging off parents, or anyone they can. I think a lot of it stems from the lack of ability to even make it through the educational system here. It's pretty sad really.
Novice,

Fo issues of neighborhood safety questions are often best referred to the local police or county sheriff's department. They have access to the most current and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
Dependng on where you are, I feel it is very safe. I live in the San Marco area and have never had a problem. In the Northern end of the San Marco area, closer to downtown, there are many rentals and this area may be more prone to safety issues than other more southern areas of San Marco. Go to my website for additional info on the San Marco area at http://www.thehayesteam1.com! You can also access crime stats for Jacksonville and surrounding areas on the website, http://www.coj.net.

If you are interested in looking at some homes in the area or need additional information, please let me know!

Holly Hayes
thehayesteam@prudentialnetworkrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009