General Area in 27603>Question Details

Irene Green, Renter in Raleigh, NC

Is Raleigh a great place to live?

Asked by Irene Green, Raleigh, NC Fri Sep 14, 2012

Transitioning

Answers

10
Kalyn Ringwold’s answer
I am a native to Chicago, IL but now live in Raleigh and I can honestly say I love it! The only thing I truly miss about home is the food. (I'm sorry Raleigh but nothing compares to a great Italian beef sandwich with the works!) But as with everything in life it really is what you make it. I personally moved here with my kids and not knowing anyone here. When you do it that way it takes a little more time to acclimate but it does happen. Do you have any children? How soon are you looking at moving here? If you're looking at buying a home check out my website http://www.RealEstateWonderWoman.com for up to date listings. Hope this helps!
Raleigh is a Fabulous place to live. I lived on the east and west coast. My family and I have done 2 cross country moves. We have live here for 11 years. You have water, mountains, change of seasons and great colleges! Great place to start a career, raise a family and retire.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 21, 2013
Absolutely! I have lived in several states from the west coast on over. Raleigh is a very diverse area that has things to do for young professionals, students, or families! The housing market is affordable and the cost of living is very reasonable.
Irene,

Are you still planning on visiting Raleigh.
I moved to Raleigh NC from Russia! And now 20+ years later still enjoy the slow pace of life and very nice people! I made many friends here, I am hopeful you will find Raleigh as wonderful for yourself! It is a welcoming place to live, great environment to do business and very close to other destinations like mountains and beach!
Irene,

Considering the Raleigh area, will you be looking to find a job in the accounting field? Have you located potential employers or are you still searching. I noticed you have an adorable son who is probably the joy of your life huh; what things are important to you in terms of your son? For example, closeness to parks, good day care facilities/schools, places for entertainment, etc? If you would like, I can send you some fun and interesting things the area has to offer for a young professional as yourself as well as fun things for your son. Call me at (919) 627-8087 or email me at Mark@PremiereTriangleHomes.com.

Warm Regards,

/Mark
Raleigh is what you make it. I moved here from NY and I love it now. When I was younger it was much of a slower pace. It is always good to visit and get a feel of it so you can know fisrt hand what you think of it.
ABSOLUTELY...but that is always going to be subjective. Take a look at these articles

1. http://raleighdurham.about.com/od/citiesandneighborhoods/tp/…

2. http://www.raleighnc.gov/government/content/PubAffairs/Artic…

Once you make your decision to move to our area, I would love the opportunity to meet you and show you around.

Warm Regards,
Raleigh is great if you are looking for a friendly community that embraces urban living and a lively nightlife. There are wonderful education opportunities, excellent health care facilities and a good place for people who are fans of the arts. It ranks on the top lists of places to live for many reasons and is a common topic on my blog, http://www.raleighrealestateblog.com.
All I can say is YES. I was with IBM for 17 years which lead me here in the first place. I've lived in Suffern, NY; Germantown Md; Tucson, AZ; Scranton, PA; Marietta , Ga and for the first 23 years of my life on the east of Long Island. We've been here since 1993 and can honestly say of all the places I've lived, we have thoroughly enjoyed the Raleigh area.

It's a great place to raise kids, stay entertained, work for a living and the people are much more friendly here than many of the places we lived. I also like the choice of a 2 hour trip to the beach or similar drive to the mountains.