General Area in Palm Coast>Question Details

Jeremy Scott, Home Buyer in Delaware

Is Palm Coast an ideal location for a single young professional under 30?

Asked by Jeremy Scott, Delaware Sat Feb 16, 2013

I understand Jacksonville is about an hour away which isn't bad... but is the Palm Coast area an ideal place to locate to? I am not expecting the area to be bustling with activities but I am researching this area and the location looks beautiful and the pricing seems right but I am guessing/hoping this is temporary due to a slow economy in the geographic. Any insight or information would be great.

Answers

4
Both the city of Jacksonville and Orlando, where most of the large businesses are located,are about an hour to an hour and a half drive from Palm Coast. This area is bustling with activity if you like outdoor activities, what is nice about Palm Coast is that it is centrally located to other great areas. St. Augustine is just a half hour drive and is known for its history, and is a wonderful cultural area, Daytona Beach of course is known for the beach, NASCAR, Bike Week, but it also a great art community. Then of course we are not that far from the Orlando area, which of course is Disney, Seaworld, Universal Studios, great concert and sport venues.
Just to give you some perspective, Palm Coast is a just a little bit older than yourself, and is a growing community, and yes home prices are great here due to slow economy, but things are heading in the right direction. We are starting to see more restaurants, shopping and other venues coming to the city.
What I myself like best are the amazing biking and walking trails located throughout the city and into Flagler Beach. If you would like some more information on the area, give me a call/text me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2013
Daytona Beach was just voted one of the most dangerous cities in Florida!!! Stay away!! It beat Homestead which is near Miami.....enough said.... I'm talking crimes, etc.
Flag Sat Mar 29, 2014
I don't think so...this is more a retirement area. There are mostly houses and fast food restaurants-not much for night life or work. I have lived here thirteen years and it has always been slow so, it has nothing to do with the economy!
Our son and his partner are late 20s professionals living in Palm Coast. They are moving to Tampa because there aren't enough good paying jobs to be found in this area. Our son has his masters degree and his partner has a bachelors. They also want a more lively night life and a greater variety of social and cultural events with a younger population.
You basically summed up the basics of what I needed to know. Thanks!