General Area in Los Feliz>Question Details

Adame815, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

Is Los Feliz a safe neighborhood to live in?

Asked by Adame815, Beverly Hills, CA Fri Feb 10, 2012

If you are a serious buyer, please spend some time before you move to ANY LOCATION. Low Feliz is just another square on a map. Spend few weekends and see how it really feels before you call any one of us with license. If you have some time on your table, I'd suggest give it few seasons before you decide in location. A House may be few and far apart, but a Home: Is where your family turns the light off everynight.
Safe is a subjective term, meaning that everyone has a different opinion of what is safe or not. If you would like to to research this more the LAPD has a Crime Mapping website that tracks the crimes that have occurred recently. Google it or contact me directly and I will forward you a link. You will see that it is rare that crimes are committed North of Los Feliz Blvd.
Los Feliz is considered an excellent LA neighborhood to live in. Like in most of Los Angeles, there are very exclusive and expensive areas, for example north of Los Feliz Blvd, then there are very nice area but more reasonable in price, near Franklin Ave, and some more artsy (less expensive) areas. The mix makes Los Feliz a very fun area to live in! People I know that live there absolutely love it!
As other realtors mentioned, what will be Safe to you will be relative to your own standard. You can get statistics on line or with the local police department.
Statistic will be different depending on the more specific neighborhood or even streets that you may be interested in. With a little bit more details about your specific search regarding size, price point, and your priorities, I'd be able guide you to the best area for you.
Eric Benhamou
Rodeo Realty
Wow! That's a difficult question to answer! The internet and of course the local police department can give you all the statistics to help you make a decision. Los Feliz is a wonderful community, with a diverse population, centrally located, boasts The Greek Theatre, fabulous restaurants and more. Without knowing your yardstick for defining "safe" the answer will remain up to you once you review some actual facts!
Hi Adame--

Los Feliz is a lovely area. Safe??? Check the crime ratings with the local police department. Los Feliz could be in the Northeast Division Police Department.
Good luck!!
Lynn LeGlaire
I live and work in Los Feliz, and I would absolutely say it is safe in general. Of course every major city area is going to have some crime incidents, but overall I would definitely feel safe to walk around at night, etc. There are some very upscale and hip neighborhoods within Los Feliz as well, and several celebrities own homes there to give you an idea of the area.

Good Luck in your housing hunt.

Eric Smilay
West Los Angeles Realty
T: 310.600.9172
Web Reference:
Safe is a relative term. As others have stated here, Los Feliz is an upscale area with plenty to see and do and the real estate prices in the area reflect that. Nicer neighborhoods do tend to be magnets for property crimes to some extent, particularly car break-ins. For true crime statistics, you can search the LA Crime mapping site here:…

Let me know if I can assist you in any other way,

Jenny Durling
As mid-city areas go it is relatively safe. I wouldn't leave my car unlocked but that really isn't a safe practice anywhere. Some of the streets have more access and that would make them a little more vulnerable. With that said it is a lively area with shops and restaurants and centrally located all of which make it desirable and tends to increase the price.

I would be happy to help in your search.
Is a very nice neighborhood.... I would live there and I have friend who live there... I live in Santa Monica now...
The prices reflect the neighborhood and professional hip demographic...
Best of luck and let us know if you need buyer representation... we can do an amazing job for you!

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker & General Contracto
(310)557 2100
Los Feliz is a trendy neighborhood. It can be quiet expensive on the kind of property you would like to purchase. Do you want to purchase a home or a condo. You should go to your local police precinct and talk to the officers that patrol the neighborhood. I advise all buyers to get a crime report and review all disclosures carefully before closing escrow.

Web Reference:
Generally, yes. Under Trulia, you can search Crime + 90027 and get an idea of what happens. Bear in mind that Los Feliz is considered part of Los Angeles City. I would be happy to help you search for a home there. Please call me at 818-730-8635.