General Area in Laughlin>Question Details

Only1choice, Home Buyer in Reno, NV

Is Laughlin a realistic retirement destination?

Asked by Only1choice, Reno, NV Wed Feb 24, 2010

Laughlin is one of three areas that we are considering as a retirement destination. Reno/Sparks and Henderson are the other two. We have not been to Laughlin yet. We would like to build a 4 bedroom house on the Laughlin side. I have been reading about the area from various sources. From what I can determine there doesn't seem to be any new construction available. There seems to be some options on the Arizona side but I prefer the tax situation on the Nevada side. Please give us the heads up about the area as a possible retirement destination.

Answers

2
Laughlin is a great retirement destination and the tax advantages in Nevada are a definite bonus on your retirement income. We have superb entertainment options in Laughlin, yet we still retain that small town charm. There are new homes available!!! There are a few newly built homes which are available and there is a builder who builds upon contract signing. You could also purchase a lot (there are only a few available) and custom build your new home. Our moderate winter climate makes Laughlin a desired destination for winter visitors and they return year after year, so they must agree with me, Laughlin is a great place to live. Please visit my website link to gain a little insight in what Laughlin has to offer!! And then, come see me!!

Rae McKinney, Realtor
Licensed in Nevada and Arizona
Notary Public, State of Nevada
River City Realty, Chris Elder, Broker
Unfortunately, it's a decision only you can make as you know your lifestyle best--do visit the areas of interest more than once and do look at everything that is of importance to you--then make a determination-where will your comfort level best be reached.