General Area in Foggy Bottom>Question Details

Rchu, Other/Just Looking in Illinois

Is George Washington University a good place for summer interns to live? My son is interning at the

Asked by Rchu, Illinois Fri Apr 24, 2009

Holocaust Museum this summer and we're looking for a safe place that is close to the Metro. Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Adriana Steel’s answer
Personally, I love the area, but you need to check the crime stats for yourself. I would go to to find out. You can also check to see what others think of the area. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.
The Foggy Bottom Metro is central to the neighborhood. This makes travel very easy within the city. Good shopping. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods. I find the neighborhood both a quiet and convenient place to live. Highly recommended.
yes my daughter went there and graduated 2010. she loved it
Congrats. GW does well taking care of students. Housing can get a little challenging for students their Junior and Senior years. I have helped several students find off campus housing at some pretty competitive rates.
Flag Sat Feb 15, 2014
My son lived there last summer. He enjoyed the experience
Since each person's definition of "good" or "safe" is different, you should check the crime statistics with the DC police. I personally think that the area around GW University and Foggy Bottom is a wonderful neighborhood. I just had a listing that sold there and I loved holding it open. There is a Trader Joe's grocery store, restaurants, hotels for you to stay in when you visit, and lots of young people with whom your son can hang out. It is close to the Kennedy Center and is absolutely metro accessible. In addition to the University, the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and several embassies or chanceries are there in the area. If you or he needs help, please give me a call at 240-401-5577. I would be glad to talk with you more. Best - Lise Howe
Web Reference: