General Area in 02026>Question Details

Bruno, Other/Just Looking in 02026

Is East Dedham going to clean up?

Asked by Bruno, 02026 Fri Feb 19, 2010

The houses in Bussey St. have graffiti, the streets are not paved it appears that homeowners neglect their properties.

Answers

4
East Dedham is a great place to live. Being a homeowner on Bussey St and being one of the houses that had graffiti I can assure that we do take care of our properties but unfortunately some kids have no respect for our property. There was a short period of time we were getting tagged every weekend. after multiple reports to the police - and multiple times cleaning the grafitti either the kids no longer came to the neighborhood - or didn't have bus fare anymore to come to Dedham (there is a bus line on Washington st that kids would walk down Bussey St to get). As far as streets not paved? I don't know where in East Dedham you were looking.
East Dedham is actually a really nice area, in terms of it being a close knit, family friendly community with really good "walkability". The Bussey St area does have some run down homes, but you see that even in high end areas with short sales, etc. these days. The area also has a brand new state of the art middle school along with a brand new new elementary school soon to be completed. It's also a very nice scenic commute into Boston from East Dedham. We love it here and wouldn't live anywhere else!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Hi Bruno- It takes a while in any climate or town for a section of town to "clean up". But, in a bad economy where many people are struggling to make ends meet, most people (homeowners or tenants) are not going to take the extra time or money to do any significant cleaning up of their house/ area. That's just my opinion.

It would take at least 2 residents to start spucing things up before some of the neighbors would also consider doing the same. People always move in a pack mentality.

If I can be of any help with financing or anything else, please let me know.
Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
Perhaps in time these properties will sell to new homeowners and you will see a turn around!
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com