General Area in Burlington>Question Details

Melinda, Home Owner in Boston, MA

Is Burlington/Woburn a good middle ground between Nashua and Boston?

Asked by Melinda, Boston, MA Fri Oct 4, 2013

We recently moved up to southern NH because my fiance took a job in Nashua, but then I started working in Andover and going to Boston a few times a week. Our daily commutes are both doable, but my drive to Boston is wearing on me. I'm trying to figure out where would be a good area for us to move that's a little more of a compromise. I was looking at the Burlington/Woburn/Wilmington area... but would this make my fiance's commute terrible? And is there a decent rental market in the area?

Answers

4
Burlington, Woburn and Wilmington would be a great area to focus on because of easy access to all major highways as well as commuter rail that is available in Woburn and Wilmington. These towns are definitely a good commuter location to Boston and Nashua.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
Thank you! Do you know about the traffic between Woburn and Nashua during commuter hours? I think that's my primary concern, since we used to live down in Norwood, and traffic was a nightmare for him even though he was technically headed "away" from Boston.
Flag Fri Oct 4, 2013
I happen to be an agent in the Burlington/Woburn market and feel both towns/cities are an excellent location due to the proximity of major access roads such as Route3, 128/95 and 93.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
I think the Burlington Woburn area would make an excellent compromise.
Yes along with any contiguous town bordering them. Can you take the train?

Commuter rail stops in a couple places in the area.