General Area in Alpine>Question Details

Frank J Festa, Real Estate Pro in Watchung, NJ

Is Alpine a nice place for kids?

Asked by Frank J Festa, Watchung, NJ Wed Jul 21, 2010

Answers

2
Elizabeth & Jack Roditi’s answer
Alpine strives, as so do the majority of communities, to focus on children. There is an elementary school and middle school in Alpine which brings the children together. For high school they attend Tenafly High. The Tenafly Nature Center is very close by and recently I was at a fund raising there and learned of the programs which all of the neighboring schools participate in. Yes, Alpine is a very affluent community but this in turn creates many social environments for children as most homes have pools and children friendly appointments. In recent tours of homes, as I am an agent in the area, what child would not hang out with friends and be entertained by youth game rooms, ice cream bars, theatres etc? In addition, a group of children formed an Alpine Social Group Club that sponsors entertainment for children and adults. I get emails announcing the events and encourage participation for fund raising.

If you need more information please contact me; Liz Roditi, Prominent Properties Sotheby's International Realty. Email: eroditi@optonline.net
I am an agent that has lived in Alpine for over 20 years. And the answer is absolutely YES! My children love living in Alpine, mostly because they have so many friends.Not only does Alpine have an excellent school for children K-8th grades, they then go to Tenafly High School which is a top high school. Alpine residents can enroll their children in either Tenafly Recreation and some Cresskill recreation, so the children get to know the kids from other towns as well. There are the Tenafly Nature Center, the Ice House or Mackay Arena , if your child likes skating or hockey, dance studios, and the convenience to NYC. If you have any interest in seeing homes in Alpine, please contact me, I am with Friedberg Properties 201-871-0800, my email is hdbirns@gmail.com.