General Area in San Jose>Question Details

sttomtom1, Other/Just Looking in Cupertino, CA

Intero vs Keller williams which one has more commission split advantage to the agent?

Asked by sttomtom1, Cupertino, CA Thu May 2, 2013

Answers

4
Every agent cuts their own deal regardless of which company they work for - too many agents make the mistake of searching for the best split and totally ignore what's really important - the culture. If you are in the right culture, you can earn a substantially higher income because you'll have the backing, training, support and mentoring you need to really succeed. There are lots of 100% commission companies out there that I will never work for because they are lacking the fundamentals required to take their agents from mediocre to great.

Look for passion, a pool of highly successful agents willing to share and you'll be on the way - even if the initial split is low.
A top producing agent can negotiate a good commission split with almost any company they choose to work at. Keller Williams has set a maximum limit which if any agent goes over, they no longer have to split their commission for the remainder of their 12 month period. Many/most full time successful agents hit this limit and have 100% commission for part of each year.

Keller Williams also believes each agent is the most important thing in the eyes of their clients so KW lets agents do what they believe is best rather than wanting them to wear a uniform and do what best promotes the company. This freedom actually seems to encourage the agents to share ideas with each other. Even though KW provides a lot of freedom to their agents, company culture is very important. Each year they have a meeting called "Family Reunion". Typically over 15,000 agents choose to go to it. Of course there are many other events too.

Bottom line is that people matter more than companies.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 30 years experience, and many more ahead
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
What a great question. I agree with Carl that commission is just one of the factors but let me answer your question first.

1. Unlike most offices, everyone at KW is on the same split. Each office has what is called a cap, meaning that after you pay that amount to the company for the year, you are at 100% commission for remainder of the year. If your intention is to be a top producer, KW is the only place to be

2. Fees matter. If I understand Intero's plan, they have a pretty hefty E/O and desk free charge

3. Profit sharing - At KW, approx 50% of the profit from each office is given back to their agents. Last year that totaled over $50 Million. Yes, I said million.

4. Last fall is was announced that KW passed Coldwell Banker as the largest real estate company. While most companies were shrinking due to the compression of the market, KW was growing. There must be an explanation. Could it be that they have a better model for their agents

5. Technology - for around $20 per month, agents are given a wonderful website and access to a Client Management system called eEdge. it would take 20 minutes to explain what it does but imagine you have 200 clients in your data base. By clicking one button, the system AUTOMATICALLY reaches out and touches your clients 33 times in the next 12 months. Amazing

Sttomtom1, would love to tell you why I have chosen KW as my broker. If you are interested, call me at 408-690-2998 and let me tell you. There is a lot more to the story

Guy Berry, Broker/Risk Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 2, 2013
Commissions are negotiable. The question I ask you, is do you want be successful, coached, trained, and supported, while being your own brand with the opportunity for residual income? Or do you want to work for a company where it is all about them?

I suggest you call my Team Leader, Jeff Hanson at Keller Williams and compare companies based on your goals.

408-506-0400
Jeff Hansen

To your success!
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 2, 2013