Look for passion, a pool of highly successful agents willing to share and you'll be on the way - even if the initial split is low.
Keller Williams also believes each agent is the most important thing in the eyes of their clients so KW lets agents do what they believe is best rather than wanting them to wear a uniform and do what best promotes the company. This freedom actually seems to encourage the agents to share ideas with each other. Even though KW provides a lot of freedom to their agents, company culture is very important. Each year they have a meeting called "Family Reunion". Typically over 15,000 agents choose to go to it. Of course there are many other events too.
Bottom line is that people matter more than companies.
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Over 30 years experience, and many more ahead
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties
1. Unlike most offices, everyone at KW is on the same split. Each office has what is called a cap, meaning that after you pay that amount to the company for the year, you are at 100% commission for remainder of the year. If your intention is to be a top producer, KW is the only place to be
2. Fees matter. If I understand Intero's plan, they have a pretty hefty E/O and desk free charge
3. Profit sharing - At KW, approx 50% of the profit from each office is given back to their agents. Last year that totaled over $50 Million. Yes, I said million.
4. Last fall is was announced that KW passed Coldwell Banker as the largest real estate company. While most companies were shrinking due to the compression of the market, KW was growing. There must be an explanation. Could it be that they have a better model for their agents
5. Technology - for around $20 per month, agents are given a wonderful website and access to a Client Management system called eEdge. it would take 20 minutes to explain what it does but imagine you have 200 clients in your data base. By clicking one button, the system AUTOMATICALLY reaches out and touches your clients 33 times in the next 12 months. Amazing
Sttomtom1, would love to tell you why I have chosen KW as my broker. If you are interested, call me at 408-690-2998 and let me tell you. There is a lot more to the story
Guy Berry, Broker/Risk Manager
I suggest you call my Team Leader, Jeff Hanson at Keller Williams and compare companies based on your goals.
To your success!