General Area in 75082>Question Details

Preet, Other/Just Looking in Richardson, TX

Income generating properties with low maintenance

Asked by Preet, Richardson, TX Thu Jun 14, 2007

I would like to know, how to find out "Income generating properties with low maintenance " around DFW metro area.

Answers

7
If you are still looking for low maintenance income properties then please contact me. I have a client who is selling a home in Wylie that has tenants in place who want to stay long term.

You can contact me by going to my website.
Web Reference: http://www.NickGood.com
Hello again R. I just read RJ’s post and I need to be sure you and all others get the FULL picture on investing in real estate. 1st I’d like to make it 100% clear that I do not represent buyers or sellers in ANY real estate deals. I am an unbiased licensed REALTOR advisor. What I do is research the area you would like to buy, sell or invest on the REALTOR MLS system and find the agents that ARE getting top results. I find the competent agents in your area of interest. I charge you nothing. It’s a FREE service to the client.

With that said I strongly advise you to research real estate investing as much as possible. RJ said that that home would “never be income generating unless you put a large chunk down “That is a very dangerous way to look at it. Are there better investments out there? Very possible in fact very likely if you look in the right places and are willing to do the necessary work to make it a great deal. That is not the point here. It’s the advice that you should not put a “Large chunk down” that you need to be aware of. That is the type of thinking that got us into the financial mess the country is in now. Don’t take my word for it. I recommend you look and highly respected financial advisors like Dave Ramsey to see what he says about financing real estate as an investment. Not only should you put a good chunk down but you should always put 100% down and only do that if you have ZERO personal debt to begin with. Do it any other way and you are moving in to the world of HIGH RISK investing and I do not advise my clients to go there. I also don’t recommend flipping. If you’re buying real estate you should pay CASH and plan for it to be in your investment portfolio for the LONG term.

I hope this helps. Please look up Dave Ramsey to see more from a trusted financial advisor. Do not invest in something without knowing exactly what you are getting yourself into. Don’t take your Realtors advice alone. Good luck and feel free to ask other questions.
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRamsey.com
the home listed below would never be income generating unless you put a large chunk down. If you get serious or would just like to have a serious conversation about this contact me. I have helped my father acquire 5 income generating properties, around $200 to $400 net a month. These opportunities are all around but you have to educate yourself on different areas and then be ready to move. I can provide information on rentals and current rent prices in different areas and let you know what a good price to buy at in the area is.

Thanks for your time
RJ Avery
214-682-0598
rj.avery@att.net
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
may i ask where this property is located, type of the property and age of it?
I have a home that will soon be listed that has a lease through June 2008 at $1375 per month. The home has been recently updated and foundation is clean with eng. report and inspections. The tenants are pet and smoke free. Let me know if you have interest and I will bypass the MLS listing. Will be listed at $149500 with a market value between $155k and $165K. 4 bed 2 bath 2 car gar. single level home.
There are various ways to look at this. I would suggest looking for scenarios where you are likely to have people who need to specifically rent (colleges, hospitals) and get with an agent to run some comps and look up some listings.

Then I would consider buying small but with multiple bedrooms. The renters are more than likely going to need a place to sleep, but will otherwise be occupied with work or study. Get a home warranty, so you can just make a service call as opposed to having to fix a garbage disposal yourself, for example. (I would be very strict in your screening process as you want assurance that people will not trash the place.)

This might not be the "get rich quick" scenario you're looking for, but this is what most of the casual "real estate investment" pundits advocate.
I specialize in selling investment properties that are easy to maintain. My current inventory includes properties that can be bought and leased out within 30 days. If interested please call me at 817-789-6780 and let me know the area you prefer.