Bill Parker, Home Buyer in Campus Area, Albany,...

In In N. Plainfield, does anyone have information about flooding of the two streams that run through the town?

Asked by Bill Parker, Campus Area, Albany, NY Wed Mar 5, 2008

The stream off of route 22 and the Green Brook stream/river. I love this town and would like to buy a house here, but I'm concerned about the flooding situation.

Answers

3
Bill,
I can relay the flood maps to you for North Plainfield and that will tell you what streets are in the flood zone. These areas are the most likely to flood in a major, major storm though not all of them will. There are also other areas of town that will flood(Route 22) that are not in the flood zone.
If you see any houses with an agent they will be able to tell you if the property is in a flood zone or not and whether the current homewowner is paying flood insurance(insurance is required in Flood A zones).
Feel free to contact me with any questions. My office is located 5 minutes from North Plainfield which is a nice little town where you can get a nice home for your dollar. Good luck!
This link will take you to FEMA flood maps
http://www.msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcom…
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Bill,
If you need to know what streets are in the flood zone or not I can get that information to you. Don't go just by the streams though. There can be flooding in areas away from the streams (such as Route 22). The town does have areas that will flood in major, major storms and for the most part these are defined by the flood zone maps.
Also any home that you look at with an agent, that agent should be able to tell from the listing if the property is in the flood zone and whether the homeowner is paying flood insurance. Fell free to contact me with any questions. My office is located about 5 minutes away from North Plainfield. North Plainfield is a nice town where you can get a lot fo house for your money. Good luck!