General Area in Crossville>Question Details

Monika Donah…, Home Buyer in Arizona

In Fairfield Glade, are there tornado sirens and if so, how often are they activated on average?

Asked by Monika Donahue, Arizona Wed Apr 18, 2012

Answers

5
There are tornado sirens here and every Wed. at 12:00 noon if the weather is clear and good they activate them to make sure they are working and in good condiion. If the weather is gloomy or rainy they do not so that people will not think there is a problem when there is not. Last year becsue it was a bad tornado season across the county as well as close by here the sirens went off approx. 6 times for actuall warnings. If there were any signs, watchings or warnings with in ten miles of Fairfield Glade they sirens went off. I hope this helps. Jeanene Doran, Associate Broker, Fairfield Homes 931-248-5776
This year I heard the sirens one time, no tornado touched down near us and maybe one time in the past years that I can remember.
They are activated when tornados in the area, so recently, there are more because we have had more tornados in the past few years. If my town had tornado sirens, I would hope that would activate every time there is a tornado...even if that is several times a week. But, that is just my opinion.
I meant how many tornado warnings do you get in a month or year on average.
yr average? one or less...
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012
Yes they go off and continue if there are tornados in the area