General Area in Marietta>Question Details

Samanthaa52, Home Buyer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Im looking to rent for a year in the marietta, Smyrna area starting in June of this year. I was wondering if I could get something with 3 bedrooms

Asked by Samanthaa52, Port Saint Lucie, FL Sat Mar 24, 2012

3 bedrooms in the 800 a month area. We would like to save as much as possible to buy within a year or 2. We are re locating from Florida and have no idea where to even start to look! thanks

Answers

4
Thanks! well, I have looked around and I think 900 a month would be ok to spend. The 3rd bedroom would be an office/extra space so I could be flexible if it was a sun room type thing. Anywhere in Marietta would be fine. I need to be half way in between KSU and my husband will work in City of Atlanta as a firefighter paramedic. He may also start in the middle of June. Would it be possible to rent somewhere for half a month if that was the case instead of beginning the first of July? What would be even cooler is if we could find a first month free type thing on a townhouse or home. I just don't want an apartment.
Samantha, all depends on the area.. I live in Marietta, If you are looking on the west side of Cobb Co you probably will find what you are looking for in that price range. I have 2 investors that have several properties in the West Cobb area. Now Julie and David already gave you the answer for East Cobb/ East side of Marietta. it will be average 1000 for 3bed for 1 year lease townhome or average 900 for a 2 year. If you are looking into a single family home there is nothing under $1000 in East Cobb. There are several options and what is available now most probably will already be rented by June. I personally have several rentals and in East Cobb area, and they are gone within 30 days in the market. Let us know if we can help. Anyone of us will provide you all the info you need to make a great decision.:)
I agree with David. Those are HOT areas. You'd have to look further North.

You might have to compromise for 2 years and go with a 2 bedroom townhome with a loft area or a 2 bedroom condo with a sunroom if you were planning on using that 3rd bedroom as an office. 2 years isn't that long to deal with a smaller space than you had hoped for if you know in the end that you will be buying.

Shoot David or I your wish list over and either one of us can send you some listiings.

Julie
Julie@JulieRentsAtlanta.com
I relocated from Florida. I wouldn't land in Smyrna. Doubtful you can get 3 bedrooms for $800 but I can look. You might want to get a little farther away from ATL. $800/mo doesn't exist in many places desirable. You are looking at $1,000 or more for 3 BR's anywhere. Let me know how I can help. Where you from in FL?