General Area in 32258>Question Details

Sport, Home Buyer in 32258

Im looking for some advice in Neighborhood HOA rights.

Asked by Sport, 32258 Fri Jun 4, 2010

I live in a neighborhood that isnt 90% owned yet so we have a property management company although 1 owner has been elected to a board that doesnt exist yet. Due to the economy building has been slow; So on one hand I have the board member that says he doesnt have the right to enforce bylaws set forth by the builder at signing; on the other hand the property management says they dont get paid from this neighborhood to patrol the laws of the neighborhood
As you can probably guess by now all the laws are non existant and numerous owners in the neighborhood break these rules daily and it seems totally out of control and I'm worried about my property value decreasing further
Also the landscaping Co. contracted here must be under the most basic terms or they are horrible because the lanscaping is as bad as the bylaws being followed
what are my rights in this situation and is there a way to get out of paying for this broken agreement?

Answers

3
Matt Carroll’s answer
Sport,
A local real estate attorney should be able to answer your question with a little more clarity. Give Rod Schloth of Waston,Schloth, and Dykes a call at 904-273-7009.

Matt
The website below has a wealth of information about HOAs and Condo Associations:

http://www.ccfj.net/

Hope this helps you.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
813.244.9898
I suggest that you contact an Attorney who handles residential real estate, including HOAs, to determine if you have any rights at this point. In most situations, of which I am aware, is that the developer retains control of the HOA until there is a 90% build out. But, I am in OH, so check with the Attorney for an accurate answer.