General Area in Houston>Question Details

Tw2012, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Im considering moving to houston,tx and what area will be a good place for an single mother of two children and public schools?

Asked by Tw2012, Houston, TX Sat Jul 28, 2012

How do you sign up for daycare and is there a waiting list?In medical Industry is there a chance for good job?

As a single mother myself, a former elementary school teacher, and also a native Houstonian, I'd love to help you find the right neighborhood, home, and daycare. Please give me a call at 713-585-6290 to discuss what type of medical industry you are in (we've got one of the best Med Centers in the U.S.), the age of your kids, where you're moving from, and your home plans. There are waiting lists for some of the daycares, but it depends on the area, age of your children, and cost you're looking at. Houston is a great place to live, even though the summers get pretty hot. I look forward to talking with you.

Sarah Goodner,
Circa Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
I think Houston is a Great place to live!!!
There are so many communities to consider.
I moved here from Detroit as a Single Mom and I love it here.
There are so many restaurants and things to do.
As far as employment goes--I feel there are so many opportunities here. There has been really Huge job fair almost every month in the last 3 months.
The job fairs were multiple employers like 100 employers looking for employees.
i know this and I am not looking for a job. :-) You just see it in the Houston chronicle newspaper.

Check out their website and hopefully you get hired and need a Realtor to help you find a home to go with your new job and you call me!!! Dilcie Roland/Keller Williams-281-794-3372
Rent or Purchase I can help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
Please call my office I'm sure I can help you find a home.
We moved here from NY and only looked in the Memorial area of Houston because of the reputation of the public schools. We have been very happy with our choice. Where in Memorial and which schools depends solely on you budget. Please let me know if I can help further.
Contact me and we can go over your particular needs. I'm confident we can find an area that's suitable to you.

Debra Zamarron
City West Realty
The Woodlands has it's own Medical Center and is fast growing. Great schools and neighborhoods are surrounding it with 3 different school districts to choose from and a variety of price ranges for both the purchase or lease of a home.

I am a single mother with kids in Klein and love the area, but the Medical Center downtown is really nice too, but a little more pricey....I know that area well, also...

Oh, and Cypress Northwest has a huge medical campus, too....

Check out mine and my collegues websites to find the perfect Buyer's Agent for you!
We can send you searches of all of these areas so you can get to know Houston before you even get here!

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager for Academy Mortgage Corporation and I have several branches in Houston and surrounding areas. I would be glad to talk with you more about your home loan needs to ensure I get you the best loan/rate possible as well as answer any of your other questions you may have. I am also a single mother of two children, so any of your questions are probably ones I can help answer! :)

Please feel free to contact me directly:
E-mail is

You can also complete my on-line application on-line if you would like to start there.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Addie Sechelski
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
Academy Mortgage Corporation
As a native Houstonian, I can tell you there are many great areas of Houston. I specialize in the Northwest where we have wonderful neighborhoods with lots of amenities and many recognized and exemplary schools. We have several Medical centers in the Northwest and easy freeway access to medical centers in other parts of town. You and your children will live Houston and the Northwest area if you decide to move here.

Connie Inmon
RE/MAX Realty Center
Hi, there are lots of good areas in and around Houston that are good. Are you looking to lease or buy? Day care should be checked once you know the area of residence and work. Houston had a large medical center, so there are opportunities depending on which field of medicine.
Are you looking to purchase or rent a home? Prices vary in a city this size, but you'd be surprised what you can get for your money in some lovely areas. The Medical Center is generally considered the world's best. Depending on your specialty, you shouldn't have much difficulty finding work. Daycare varies with the areas. Some employers offer the service. We need to further discuss this major life change. My wife and I have helped several families relocate here, and will work with you every inch of the way. Please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference:
You would need to figure out where your employment will be. If your in the medical industry, you could be almost anywhere. Lots of good opportunities for employment.

With children, you will want to research schools as there are many good districts in the Houston area. Likely in a suburb area outside the 610 loop. Check out the Forbes article about "Houston, Coolest City in America". It spoke about our strong economy! When you are ready to visit Houston, call us so we can provide you a personalized tour.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Houston is Huge! That is impossible to answer without more information. However, Cinco Ranch is well known for having good schools. Spring Branch and the Memorial Villages also have highly rated schools.
Web Reference: