Baharjd, Home Buyer in Old Tappan, NJ

Im considering a home in the basking ridge, warren, watchung area. any insite on the best commute options to nyc midtown would be appreciated.?

Asked by Baharjd, Old Tappan, NJ Sun Sep 23, 2012

Answers

4
yes i think in my opinion it will be appreciated
http://www.aurorapoolsandspas.com/category/7/barstools.html
Hi Baharjd,
I am not sure if you have already decide the location for your new house. But, I personally prefer Basking Ridge. Not only I live here, I used to commute to the midtown - 2 Penn Plaza. I found the train service to go to midtown direct is the best way. Basking Ridge both train station have plenty of parking space.
Or you can take the Lakeland bus to Port Authority - 42nd street. Beside the easy commute to NYC it is truly a great town for family, great schools, local town activities for everyone. If you need more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sharon Fitzgerald
Sharon@sharonfitzgerald.com
Hello Baharjd,

I'm an agent at Turpin Far Hills, but l live in Long HIll Township and do business in the Basking Ridge area as well. Regarding your question, it would depend if you are planning on taking the train or driving.

If you are Driving all of those towns have easy access to Rt. 78, but I would recommend which ever home you choose doing a test drive at your usual commute time. Some sections tend to get traffic jams at rush hour, and you may be sitting in traffic 5 minutes from home.

If you are planning on taking the train Long Hill Township and Basking Ridge have stations on the Gladstone line.

Hope my answer is useful to you. Please let me know if you would need any help in searching for homes in this area.

Cecilia Stalgis, Turpin Far Hills. 908 - 400 - 9798
Hi there, I live in Warren and most of the business I do is in the Basking Ridge, Warren/Watchung area. We moved here from the city and my husband and I commuted into the city together for many, many years - he continues to do so every day.

Basking Ridge offers the advantage of 2 train stations and bus service, Warren and Watchung do not have that. But Warren is just on the other side of 78 from Basking Ridge so the drive to the train, either in Basking Ridge or points east (Long Hill stations for instance - Stirling, Millington will be doable. Watchung enjoys the advantage of being east of these two points and so the commute will be less and if my train, you would pick up the train in either the Long Hill or Berkeley Heights.

All of these communities hug 78 and so driving either into the city or to closer points outside of it - Summit, Newark, Journal Square etc are also options. That's how my husband and I did it all the years we traveled together.

If I can help you with your search and purchase, please do not hesitate to call. I know the area well, having lived her for 19+ years. What draws many to our area is the value for the dollar - you'll get a larger home on a larger parcel once you cross that Watchung line, and often find new(er) inventory as well. Schools are well respected if that is important to you.

To search among actively listed properties in these three towns, visit:

Basking Ridge: http://www.Homes07920.com
Warren: http://www.Homes07059.com
Watchung: http://wwwHomes07069.com

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
thanks jeanne. do you know what the avg sq. ft price is for the homes in basking ridge, warren and watchung? we are looking for homes built after 2000. also are you aware of any homes that have been delisted but the owners are still interested in selling? we are just starting to look in the area and i dont see a lot of inventory. we are lookin for 5 bdr for 1.5-2M. we have a realtor but he is not from the area. we are leaning towards basking ridge for the better commute to NYC and the better school rating. thanks!
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012