General Area in Bridgeport>Question Details

Tashoy, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Im Looking for a quiet place to live in Bridgeport. Where would be a good recommendation? and by quiet i mean low on crime and so forth.

Asked by Tashoy, New York, NY Fri Mar 15, 2013

Answers

2
Hi Tashoy,

Realtors, by law, are not allowed to comment on crime rates etc. You certainly can look at several websites or call the local police department more information. My brother-in-law grew up in Bridgeport and there are a number of lovely neighborhoods in the City. I suggest you look up houses in the price range, Google map them to see the surrounding areas and then take a ride. This is basically what I did years ago when I bought a house in Brooklyn. But I will tell you that I LOVE the Black Rock section of Bridgeport near the water - very special.

Jay Cooke
well that's a bit of a loaded question in that everyone's perceptions are different. Let's start with what are you looking for in housing: rent or purchase, single family or condo, must you rely on public transportation or do you drive, number of beds and bathrooms. What neighborhood amenities do you want to have, near a park or walking distance to stores? That will start us out. For example, If you are looking to rent and don't have a car then that limits you from certain areas that are not on a bus line or homes are owner occupied.
Lori
lflick@prudentialct.com
I'm looking for a 2 family house to buy...5 to 6 bedrooms. i have a toddler..so schools are important too, along with transportation. Parks and stores not too far off would be nice also.
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013