Christine Wo…, Renter in Dunellen, NJ

I would like to rent in East Brunswick & wonder what the approximate cost of utilities are for a small1 bedroom home would be.

Asked by Christine Wolf, Dunellen, NJ Wed Oct 3, 2012

Utilities are included in the rent where I am now, so I am clueless on how much to budget for them.

Answers

2
Christine,

Keith's numbers below are pretty accurate. But, there are some rentals in EB that include heat and water in the rental price. So, that will vary depending upon the complex that the available rentals are in.

EB is a tough town with rentals.. They fly off the shelf within days of being listed. As an expert in the East Brunswick area rental market, I can tell you what is available within 5 minutes. Send an email so I can put you on automatic notification, this way when a unit that falls within your criteria is listed you will receive the information the moment it is listed!

Call or Email!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Direct: 732-213-1409
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 3, 2012
Dear Christine:

It completely depends on usage and which utilites you are responsible for. Sewer & Water are billed quarterly and are usually pretty nominal. For one or two people you are looking at $150 or so a quarter and that is on the higher end. The electric and gas are dependent on gas or electric appliances and usage. For two people in a smaller property, a $100-$150 month gas and electric bill would be normal without factoring in the hot and cold months of July/August for summer and January/February for winter. I own a home and live alone and my gas and electric bill ranges from $75-$150 a month dending on time of year. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Keith Jean-Pierre
Sales Associate
Re/Max First Realty
Cell: (848) 391-6428