General Area in 32003>Question Details

Kathy, Other/Just Looking in New Jersey

I would like to move to an area around Jacksonville where they have a challenging golf course, & tennis team

Asked by Kathy, New Jersey Tue Mar 17, 2009

that I could join, thats not super expensive to join & the people are friendly,
what 3 communitys, do you think would be best to buy a house in? (I have no children, so schools are not an issue)

Answers

7
Kathy, I would recommend Fleming Island, or Eagle Harbor. They are both in the zip code and offer what you are looking for. If you would like more information or assistance please contact me at williamayotte@vanguardfla.com or call (904) 637-0906. Thank You, Bill.
One other option to consider is Magnolia Point in Green Cove Springs. Magnolia Point is a gated golf course community with a 27-hole course and 6 tennis courts. Green Cove Springs is located 20 minutes south of Jacksonville (except at rush hour - 30 to 35 minutes) and sits along the St. Johns River. Nice community, lots of options - new or re-sales available. Manned gate (not electronic). No CDD fees.
Web Reference: http://www.sidquality.com
I don't know much about tennis, However, I am a golf fan also. I love different courses and am from the Jax area. I like courses with character and I don't think either Fleming Isl or Eagle Harbor have it and they are on the pricier side of Blah. That's just my honest golfer opinion. I would much rather golf at Bent Creek and Hyde Park. There are many courses with character outside of Jax as well; I have many favorites. If you're interested, my first question to you would be how close to Jax do they need to be (drive time)?
It you want to go really up-scale, look at Eagles Landing. It is by the developers of EH, but new.

Blaine
You got some great answers. But the reason I moved here, Eagle Harbor, was the tennis. It is free, part of the CDD (bond issue) just as are the three swimming pools and other ammenities. Great friendly place, competitive tennis, has golf too but who cares. Our courts are used twice as much as the second most used courts in Jax.

Call if you have any questions, and good tennis to you.

Blaine Rabe
904-874-0814
Kathy,

In addition to the answer Kim gave you another community to consider is Pace Island. Pace Island is a gated community of about 670 homes near Eagle Harbor and Fleming Island Plantation in Clay County. Pace Island has community tennis teams for players of all experience levels. Even though you mentioned that you don't have kids the community has a summer swim team for kids ages 5-18 that competes with other area communities during June and July each summer. Pace Island has two community pools, nature trails, basketball court, and a community dock on Doctor's Lake. The guard gate is manned 24 /7.

While the community does not have a golf course it is about 2-3 miles from the Eagle Harbor and Fleming Island Plantation golf courses. Both courses are open to the public. I play both frequently and they are great courses.

I live in Pace Island and would be happy to answer any questions you have about it or the other area communities.

Good luck in your search!

Scott Sullivan
Prudential Network Realty
3535 Highway 17, Suite 10
Fleming Island, Fl 32003
C: 904-327-5676
O: 904-269-1716
Scott.Sullivan@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island Plantation in Clay County Fleming Island and St Johns Golf and Country Club in St Johns County would all be worth looking at. Schools may not matter personally but they always help with resale. You will find find fun and active tennis communities as well as affordable golf all in well designed neighborhoods with a various price range of homes to accomodate diferent lifestyles. I hope this helps. Feel free to call me for more details than can be given in this format.
904-334-7425